DerMarr Johnson Seriously Injured in Crash

jaywalker72

(Sorry, I forgot to post this...)

Hawks shooting guard DerMarr Johnson was involved in an early morning car crash that has resulted in head and neck injuries that have threatened this season and possibly Johnson's career.

Hawks RealGM affiliate Jason Walker reported from Atlanta Medical Center in Atlanta where Johnson is staying.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/

Though some will scoff at the notion, I believed that this team had the chance to be a special Hawks club, in large part because of the amazing chemistry this team shared.

Sure, the team will likely rally around DerMarr accident, but the fact is that the roles were so clearly defined for the first time a long time, and that is muddled by DerMarr's absense.

Now, maybe we see JT at the 2 more, because they have to get another shooter on the floor (Dickau). Or maybe Ira starts at the 2 and we don't have the outside threat to be as potent as we may have been.

After suffering through 2 seasons of not having a set lineup, we will likely be experimenting again. Hopefully, Pete will find a solid shooting threat without having to deal Nazr, who provides the only insurance for Theo we have.

Again Erick Strickland would have been a good

option but he is gone so we look to as Diesel

said Chris Carr.We do need to sign a 3pt threat

for sure.Hopefully we find another diamond in

the rough.

I don't see this having much negitive impact on

the team.I thinkthe players roles will be fine

AND I believe they will rally around this and

use it as fuel to get to the playoffs.Dermarr

might possibly never play for the Hawks again

but he will always be a Hawk from now on.

• Admin

Sign Lee Nailon or Scott Burrell to backup Big Dog. Start Ira at SG and Glover to be the sixth man. Email can also come in and provide some D at teh position.

This will keep JT at the PG position and we still have a defined rotation. I think Nailon or Burrell would be more than enough to play behind Robinson.