• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another smart move by Knight

phoostal

The genius, Billy Knight, as some on this site see him as. Let a valuable piece go.

I don't know if you have seen what Milwaukee has been doing, but they are playing very good basketball and very well could be a playoff team.

Guess who is leading this team's turnaround, none other than Terry Stotts. Yes, the same Stotts that coached the Hawks.

When Terry left he actually had the Hawks playing decent basketball, however Knight wanted to bring in his own guy in Woodson.

Nice Job, I think Stotts would have done better than Woodson. Oh well, maybe soon we will be free of Woodson, Knight and the gluttony of the same player at every position.

P

Yeah, Stotts is a bad coach. You got me. Stotts doesn't bring anything to that team. He just says "Hey go out there try to guard someone and play defense if you can, let me know if you need a breather"

I'm glad you know about being a coach. Can I call you coach Lascar?

Having those guys help you still have to coach them and you can't argue with what Stotts was getting out of this team when he was let go. I don't think I have a problem saying this team would be better with him as a coach than Woodson.

I just fine it comical that you can't give Stotts any credit. What do I know you are the coach, right?

P

Let alone my point was that Knight brought in coach that was worse than the one they had and now that Stotts has guys around him he seems to be flourishing. According to everyone on this site we have more talent than before, so I wonder what Stotts would have gotten out of them.

P

The fact that a team is doing well doesn't mean their coach is doing anything great at all. I don't credit the pistons winning alot to flip saunders being a genius. They are a good team regardless of the coach. I fully expected Milwaukee to be a playoff team regardless of coaching and didn't understand why anyone thought otherwise. I also didn't get why Utah was so underrated.

The hawks under Terry did what they always do, lose early in the season when it counts, and start winning some games when it no longer matters. I don't know whether Stotts would be winning more games. I know Woody would have won some games by now with the bucks, and I know that Stotts wouldn't have won as many games with the hawks. I didn't say I gave Stotts no credit. He seems to be doing ok. I think just about any NBA coach would be doing ok with them

I haven't seen anything out of Stotts that leads me to believe that he's better than Woody. I think they are both very average coaches, one of which has a much team coach than the other

and you can call me coach if you choose to be that way as I have coached before

I guess my agruement would be than who needs a coach. Basically you are saying that it is all based on your roster. Coaches don't have an impact. How do you know how well Stotts would do? He took over for Lon, did he ever have a full year? How is it you can judge a guy on 2/3 of a year? Am I missing something you are able to judge a guy's coaching ability on that limited time? I don't know, I guess.

P

stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that it is all based on roster or that coaches don't matter. A team with a good roster will win many games. A coach will help determine just how many. Some coaches have more impact than others, some rosters need more coaching than other. Neither Stotts nor Woody would have done good with this roster. Maybe Stotts would have won 1 or 2, I just don't know. Both Stotts and Woody would have done fine with Milwaukee's roster. Maybe Woody would be 5-0 with them, maybe he'd be 3-2. I don't know. But the fact that woody is 0-7 with our horrible roster and stotts is 4-1 with a good roster does nothing to tell me who is the better coach. I have seen both woody and stotts coach here and was thoroughly unimpressed by both. Both had horrible substitutions at times, both looked intimidated by the situation at times.

And you are saying that I couldn't possibly have judged Stotts in 2/3 of a year, yet you were able to judge him in 5 games with Milwaukee? ok, if you say so