• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Midday Trade of the Day...

Today's Midday trade:

Theo/Toni to NY.

Jackson/Camby/1st (2003) NY, 1st (2003)Atl to LAC

Odom/Khandi to Atlanta.

Let's break this deal down.

First off, NY needs a C. They won't find one in the draft. However, Theo would fit better than what they previously have.

LAC is looking to unload Odom. They would love to get either a PG or a C. Mark Jackson fits what they need because they have a PG on the way who will need some polishing. Camby is also interesting because he's a better fit for their run and gun style than Khandi.

Both teams keep their draft picks.

That means that NY can look to move Spree... Probably to Minn for Wally and some package. Also, NY will probably draft small forward. WIth the 100 million dollar man, they need to surround him with talent.

LAC get 2 picks... One would be a C, probably the big man out of Standford and the other a PF.... Maybe the guy from Tenn. Either way, Everybody leave the table somewhat Satisfied.

Atlanta would have:

Khandi/Nazr

SAR/Hendu/Smith

Odom/CC

Slim/Glover/Ira

JT/Belcher

I know... Khandi is not Theo. However, we are not trying to win and won't win by C. Our wins will come as a result of us outscoring the opponents. With Odom and his versitility.... And our size... I think we will win many games.

with making this trade. Khandi would be a perfect fit for us. Although he isnt a shotblocking machine, he isnt bad by any means, plus he is huge and can rebound. His size and potential make him far more valuable than Nazr is, even though the stats dont really support it and considering his soon to be salary. Only his blocks are night and day different from Nazrs. Odom is a great fit for us at SF......probably better for us than anyone in the game at SF. The only drawback is his attitude and health risk since he is coming off of a serious injury.

I dont see why NY would do it unless they were 100% sure that both Toni and Theo were completely healthy, which in that case they would get an upgrade at C over Camby and the SF that they desperately need with 2 SGs filling the 2/3 spots. It would allow them to trade Spree someplace else for a high draft pick and player.

Would the Clips do this though? They get what will likely be mid-early 20's first round draft choices next year, plus an old man in Jackson that could help Jaric? or whomever that PG they are bringing in is......but if that kid doesnt pan out then next year they are screwed because Jackson is just about finished. Camby is also extremely gimpy and I cannot see him holding up in the rough Western Conference, especially banging with Shaq 4+ times a year. I think we would have to sweeten the deal with Glover or Nazr.........which I would be fine with doing if Odom is healthy and his attitude checks out with the team. Its a major risk by Stan/Pete that could lead to them being fired if Odom doesnt pan out or if Khandi doesnt agree to a long term deal.

Why would the Clippers give up Kandi/Odom for Camby/Jackson

and a draft pick?They get shafted.ALMOST there Diesel.If the

Clippers would do that I sure as hell would.Then we can sign

Donyell Marshall or Jeff McInnis to be a backup to add alittle

more depth to the team.

First off, I think that many have overvalued both Khandi and Odom.

Khandi was a first pick but that's only relative because he was a BUST. He sucks. Nazr schooled him this past yr. And you guys talk about Nazr as if he's the worst C in the world. Khandi is not likely to be resigned by LAC and with their picks, I'm sure they will get the Standford C and one other SG prospect. But the Standford C is a lock because Khandi is out of the door. On the market, he wouldn't bring in much.

About Odom. He's good. However, he has a drug problem. I think that being here with his friend JT will help him... However, Every GM in the league knows he has 2 strikes on him... Next times, he's suspended for some time. Remember, Chicago didn't draft him because they suspected drug problems.... There hasn't been much changed. He's a good fitthought.

Also, LAC gets 2 1st round picks next yr. That's huge. And If Camby can be 80%, the front court of:

Camby, Brand, and Miles would be awesome.

As far as the concerns about their incoming pG. He's good. He will pan out. But Mark Jackson gives them more than a PG... He gives them Leadership. Leadership will help them get over the hump.

I'm not sold on Kandi either to be honest.I think he is another

Alan Henderson waiting for a contract...However,I feel The

Clipps could get better than Camby/Jackson/late first rounders

for Odom/Kandi.Kandi has alot of value right now and if the

Clipps trade him they will sucker some team in.

Maybe they trade Kandi to Dallas?

Btw,When did Odom/JT become friends?

Olowokandi has more value than Theo or Camby. He just turned 27, he's never had a significant injury, he's a "true center," he has only played basketball for a relatively short time and he's still improving. He is likely to resign with LAC for the max (or damn close to it) and I don't think Camby or Theo would command as much if they were FA's right now. With the injury history of Theo and Camby, I wouldn't sign either one of those guys to a long term deal until they proved to me that they could make it through a full season without missing a lot of games. Camby has NEVER played more than 63 games in a season during his CAREER, why would LAC give up a guy like Olowokandi who puts up similar numbers to Camby, who can guard true Centers and who never gets hurt?

In addition, you propose that LAC give up Odom for Mark Jackson and two future #1's? WHAT! That is BEYOND prepostrerous, particularly when our pick would be in the 20's as we would DEFINITELY make the playoffs with our new lineup. NY's pick would likely be at least in the teens as I could see them lining up Theo, Thomas, Spree, Houston and Wagner or Theo, Wilcox, Spree, Houston, Ward. That deal makes NO sense for the Clips AT ALL!

Hell, they would be MUCH better off taking Theo, Toni and 2 future #1's from us for Olowokandi and Odom and I don't think they would do that!