A realistic trade that works.

KB21

The Denver Nuggets are a horrible team that needs players at almost every position. They have an expendable contract currently on their roster.

Here's the deal:

Denver gets:

Toni Kukoc

Alan Henderson

Chris Crawford

resigned Jacque Vaughn

Atlanta gets:

Juwan Howard

Howard only has a year left on his deal, so the Hawks can get a one year rental out of him. He also plays the small forward position. Denver gets a future PG and some place holders till they can get some younger players ready to play, though the length of Henderson's contract could be a detriment.

Not that I wouldnt make that trade KB, but wasnt the point of them making the deal with Dallas to get the cap room from having Howards contract free up in time to make a run at Kidd or one of the other big name FAs next year?

Denver can't bank on that though. Do they really think that Jason Kidd will leave a team that just played for an NBA Championship to go to Denver?

Right now, it looks more and more like Denver is going to lose both Howard and McDyess for nothing. There is a better chance of McDyess signing in New Jersey than Kidd signing in Denver.

So what would be more valuable to them? Starting over and building for the future or bringing in Toni and Hendu, which wouldnt help for the future and would strap them down even more? Realistically if I were Denver I wouldnt do that.

I would do that deal...And if Howard considered take 2-3 million I would

keep him(fat chance on him doing that)but Denver wants to start with

rebuilding youth I think.They have Harvey,but I get the feeling they

are get impatient with James Posey...He doesn't seem to be getting

much better.....

I would do it...but I don't think Denver would.We would probably have

to send them Nazr in a deal.Maybe in a deal for Dice?Do you think

Dice could play some center if needed?He is 6'10 and close to 245

pounds.

trade and it looks like in order for that deal to go through, JV would have to be resigned to about 2 million per. I am not sure if he is worth that, or rather than anyone would pay him that. Is that about what you figured for him?

horrible. just a waste of cap space on below average players. hendu? crawford? vaughn?

not only are none of them even close enough to howard talent wise, they waste our cap space. who cares if we dont sign someone? is that reason enough to waste it on them when we could go out and sign guys better for less than what they make?

Howard is a average player...the worse the team the

more he is able to score....Like KYH.Howard is about

as good as Van Horn.

But I agree with you in that you would be a sucker to

take all those high cap players.