Where we stand

BlackHawk

The Hawks need help in alot of areas so far my predictions hold

Zaza Pauchulia - Is a Vlade Divac clone, mediocre rebounding considering he is the only 7'0"er on the team, Average offense, kinda sloppy looking, zero defense, I dont think he is even putting up 1 block/game. And very unatheletic.

Josh Smith - The best athelete in the league but definitely not the best Basketball player, he is fast, strong, and can fly better than Jordan or Nique in their prime, but still has no peremiter game, I think however he is the next Jermaine ONeal, it took him 4 seasons to blossom into an interior force and I think the same will happen with Josh.

Joe Johnson - WTF? Since when is he a Point Gaurd? He is a good solid 2nd or 3rd option but not a superstar, he wasnt a bad pickup, but he undoubtly was overpaid, he isnt a max player

Al Harrington - Solid player doesnt fit in with Marvin and Josh 2 years down the line so he will either be a SNT or resigned only to be traded in 2007

Salim Stodamire - Solid player, No future on the team unless he decides to be a backup or learns to play PG, because he is shorter than JT.

Marvin Williams - I thought we should have taken Chris Paul, and was disappoint that we didnt but everybody and their uncle says this kid will be the next Jordan so we will have to wait and see, I am honestly unimpressed but he is only 19 and not everyone develops at the same rate.

Josh Childress - He just doesnt look like a professional athelete, he needs to put on 20 to 35 lbs of muscle, get plastic surgey so he doesnt look so goofy, and do something with that goofy @ss afro .... sorry I digress he is solid on Defense, especially at the 2 has decent offense, I can see him being part of the solution but he hasnt shown me any superstar potential

The Coach - No need to judge him based on what we have seen so far because ............. Oh F#ck it the teams conditioning is garbage, the always break down in the 4th quarter, which is a clear sign. Josh Smith would be further along if he was doing his Job. In terms of X's and O's he isnt that bad but he is nothing to write home about. We need Maurice Cheeks or John Lucas.

I'm not so sure JS is the best athelete in the league, but he's definitely one of the top 5 leapers. I think LeBron is probably the best overall athelete. Don't sell NateRob short either, that little dude can run & jump with anyone. He won a jump ball over some 6'11 dude the other night.

I don't think Zaza is a Vlade clone. Vlade could pass and shoot better than Zaza can. However, the one thing Zaza gives you is constant effort. He may not have the most skill, but he's always giving maximum effort which in my opinion is 50% of rebounding. (you've got to want the ball) If nothing else, his size and desire will at least make him a very reliable back up (assuming we ever get that "big" that BK is pining for) for our squad for the next few years.

yeah, calling Zaza a Vlade clone...at this point it time, it severly degrades how good Vlade was (or hints at your lack of basketball history/players)...

Vlade was one of the most unathletic starting centers I've ever seen, he chain smoked for quite some time before 'getting serious' one year in Sacremento...but was a fantastic passer, good positional/fundamental player and borderline all-start at times.

Zaza's game resembles his not in the least with the exception of the fact that neither is/was much of a shot-blocker...

that's pretty much like calling JSmoove's game similar to J-Rich's simply because both have won the slam dunk contest...

Blackhawk please try and base your post in some fact. Zaza is leading the league in rebounds and is in the top 20 for RPG. He was averging a double double for god sake for the first 3 months of the season. Oh wait and he is only 22. So he is still young. Your so right. As far as Joe Johnson, he has more PPG then any other free agent signed this off season. He and Al are both under 25. So we have a young team, that is starting to produce. We won 13 games last year, wtf did u expect this year a Central division championship. We are stumbling while learning to walk. What's even more amazing is if we can start winning some of these close games we are 6 games out of the playoff spot at abotu the half way point. Not saying I am thinking we will make it, but it could be entertaining down the stretch.