• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dunleavy might not start......

Dude, harsh. Who knows what Hurley was going to be - sorta had an unfortunate car wreck (hit by a drunk driver). Honestly man.

Dunleavy is who he is...and yet to play in a real game yet.

• Premium Member

The truth that he is not telling is that he has to find a trade for AJ before he can start playing Dunleavy (starting SF). I expect either by the trade deadline or by next offseason that AJ will find a new home. It will probably gain GS a PG. A deal I would like to see go down is AJ/Mills/Arenas to Seattle for Payton/Drobnjak. Reason being is that Payton is a guy who can help train these young guys in GS. AJ is a guy who can play PF in Seattle.

Seattle would actually look good and be ready for FAcy.

Anderson/Mason/Lewis/AJ/James.

GS would be equally impressive:

Payton/Richardson/Dunleavy Jr./Murphy/and Damp.

The other thing Mussleman is not saying is that Troy Murphy is a kick butt Pf. He's got better skills than both Fortson and AJ.

GS might have to throw in a protected draft pick but it makes a lot of sense for both teams. Jamison/Lewis/Mason would be a solid young nucleus to build around and Radmanovic is going to be very good too. Lewis is big enough now (and he'll get bigger) to help take some rebounding pressure off Jamison. As for GS, they get an All Star PG in a place where he would probably be happy to resign, his hometown. GP, Richardson, Dunleavy, Murphy (Fortson)/Damp is not too bad.

• Premium Member

GP is from the Oakland (GS) area. I think he'd be happy to finish his career at Home. Even if it's working with a young talented squad. However, the writings on the wall for AJ. They resigned him, but I think Murphy has played AJ out of town.

GP/C/Protected first for AJ/Arenas/Mills

For Seattle, they also have Forte and Arenas there to battle for the PG spot in Seattle after Anderson contract is up next yr.

It would be a Koo for both teams.

A good trade for you finally.Murphy does seem

to have talent.Wasn't he a really good scorer

for.....Notre Dame or somebody?Isn't he supposed

to have a pretty good jumper?

The Knicks might could workout a 3 way with

somebody to Jamison?They need to trade Spree

and he can't go back to Golden State....

I

I saw quite a few warriors games last year, and I liked what I saw of Murphy... Yes, he was a good scorer with ND, but I really liked his toughness more than anything else... Plus the fact that he played a spirited game (which certainly made him standout with that warriors crew)...

When they were playing the blazers murphy went hard to the basket and slammed directly in dale davis' face... it was so quick that it was easy to miss the whole play...

well the refs missed the play because murphy walked by davis and glared at him, but didn't say a word... the refs tossed murphy! unbelievable given that the replay showed that davis punched murphy right underneath the chin as he went to the basket...

He seems like just the kind of guy that musselman would love...

if dunleavy shows that he can become an effective scorer in the NBA I agree that it is indeed highly unlikely that jamison will be back next year...

• Premium Member

About Dunleavy.... Mussleman said that he will be a Phenomenal player. I have never heard Mussleman speak out of turn about a guess or pump a guy up for no reason So it's safe to assume that there is much skill there. I think it's a matter of finances right now. Their paying AJ 9.5 million. They can't bench him. However, Murphy is DA MAN at PF. He's tough. He's also consistent. Once they find a suitable trade for AJ... Watch him go.

at this point, getting Spreewell Back might not be out of the question. Simply because Spree got less yrs on the contract and can play both SF and SG. However, I would like to see the GP trade I mentioned. Simply because it does help both teams.

I don't doubt that they might be discreetly shopping jamison around right now, but I don't think that they have a sense of urgency... reports indicate that they have been openly shopping fortson in the offseason which seems to be their first preference in so far as moving someone and I can't say that I disagree with them... at least jamison can play either forward spot when needed, and has considerably more all-around skills than fortson...

I'm quite sure that musselman thinks dunleavy is going to be a good scorer... but whether or not dunleavy will be a good scorer this year for a team like GS (no PG) is debatable... one more year of antawn might not hurt them...

• Premium Member

Jaimson doesn't play either Forward spot very well.

He's a 9.5 million dollar Sf right now and he's about to be trumped by a rookie who does have a stroke from weigh back. I think GS cut it's losses with Jaimson... Curse the day they ever traded Carter and get a great PG out of the deal.

Another possibility...

AJ to Dallas for NVE/picks. This seems less Likely to me... But what better place for AJ than beside Dirk and Lafrentz on the front line.

Jamison has been a pretty consistent 20+ PPG 8RPG forward for the last few years... god only knows how much better he could be with a little coherence and cohesion with the warriors...

I think that you are selling him a bit short... would they rather have carter? no-brainer of course, but jamison at 9mil per year is miles better than fortson at about 7 mil per year....

• Premium Member

Well 20 points 8 rebs at whoose expense?

He doesn't pass or shoot well from outside.

He's not big enough or strong enough to dominate the post.

He's not first option type material.

Yet he has built up his stats by constant feedings. They have built an offense around him but he's not that skilled of a player. So for all their concentration on him, he pulls 20 points per game out. That's expected. But it still doesn't suggest that he's very good at either position. He's a tweener.

But now, GS has players that fit into their Blueprint.

Murphy- Tough, consistent PF who can score.

Dunleavy Jr. = All around player in the mold of Mash who has a stroke from outside.

Richardson - Athletic scorer in the mold of Carter.

That's their new core. You put role players like Welsch and Fortson and you give them a good C and PG and they are ready to run.

However, Jaimson doesn't fit anymore. He needs the ball too much. He would do better if he were on a team with an established goto guy and he was the second option. Both trades I mentioned are places where he could fit.

Seattle - He'd fit because Lewis would be first option and he'd be second.

Dallas - He'd fit because with Dirk and Finley there, all he'd have to do is score when they threw the ball in.

Diesel's right on this one...

AJ's biggest problem - he can score playing the four but can't guard the same position. What gives him the scoring edge (and he is a very good scorer) is the same thing that makes it impossible for him to guard opposing 4's...

Golden State was the worst team last year

BY A LARGE MARGIN.Yes way worse than the

Bulls.They turned the ball over and they done

it alot cause they had no idea who to go too

when they need baskets.Jamison simply can't

carry a team.

• Premium Member

But I dare you to trade Aj/Arenas/and Mills to Seattle for Payton and one of their C (not potapenko or James) and maybe even a BU SF and watch both teams prosper. Jaimson playing second to Lewis would work. Next to James would work.

Or AJJ and Mills to Dallas for NVE/Filler/First rounder and watch Both teams Develop. He could play PF for Dallas. with Dirk there they'd have a killer squad.

wasn't that bad when you were proposing to trade JT, Kukoc and CC for him a few months ago! Back then, you couldn't see all these faults. Now that you are proposing to trade him, he all of a sudden is:

1) "not big enough or strong enough to dominate in the post."

2) "doesn't pass or shoot well from the outside."

3) "not that skilled of a player."

4) "built up his stats by constant feedings."

5) "needs the ball too much."

6) "not first option type of material."

7) "a tweener."

8) "not very good at either position."

You wanted to trade JT AND Kukoc (who basically got us Big Dog) for the player described above. Give me a break!