• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's possible for this year?

y2kenta

i totally disagree. every night the Hawks give up huge #s to opposing guards. i think the biggest problem, and granted there are multiples, is the hawks lack of D at the guard spot.

this is not an endorsement of Miller, i don't know if he can ball on D or not. it's an endorsement for getting a shut down defender in the backcourt on the Hawks roster.

does Ron Harper have any kids that can play D?

If we do get someone for Al, then you go through the transition period with the new player.

As seen at the beginning of this year with JJ, 15-17 games it took...

Now it wouldn't take that many at this point in the season with one player. To begin the season, it was the whole team gettin' to know each other and their respective roles.

Therefore, that's why I voted for the least # of wins option.

Quote:

If the Hawks were to get Andre Miller via trade and lose Al, could we win 23-25 out of the remaining 35 games and make the playoffs this year?

IF IF IF

The Nuggets won’t trade Andre Miller, unless they get a semi star, and we aren’t looking to trade any of our young Hawks. It’s not going to happen, so how much longer must Hawk fans go on about Andre Miller? That’s one of the reasons why I can’t wait for the trade deadline to come and past.

Quote:

i totally disagree. every night the Hawks give up huge #s to opposing guards. i think the biggest problem, and granted there are multiples, is the hawks lack of D at the guard spot.

this is not an endorsement of Miller, i don't know if he can ball on D or not. it's an endorsement for getting a shut down defender in the backcourt on the Hawks roster.

does Ron Harper have any kids that can play D?

That's BS when Ivey is in the game he plays great defense and when he gets picked our interior defense just lets him lay it up.

There you go agree now?

I believe Andre Miller would doubtlessly make us better, but also believe it'd be a major stretch to think that the acquisition of a single player (barring someone absolutely unbelievable and thus unattainable like Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Wade, Garnett, etc etc) would turn us into world-beaters capable of winning 25 of 35 just like that.

For one thing it takes awhile for new guys to fit in to a new team and new surroundings. Some are able to do so relatively seamlessly, but I would say that's the exception rather than the rule. Generally it takes some time. And also the current team would have to adjust to no longer having Harrington around, which could be a big adjustment and is another factor that really can't be ignored.