• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More Respect from the Sporting News

phoostal

Here is the guy from the sporting news again giving us some good hype. This is become comical now. I thought you guys would be interested in this letter.

P

I was just wondering what you think my Atlanta Hawks should do with their point/shooting guard problem? Jason Terry can't play both at the same time.

Petty Officer Randolph

U.S. Navy

Japan

*** Randolph: A hearty salute to you, P.O. Randolph. I don't think the Hawks did enough to address the problem, and that is one reason I am a little more skeptical of this team than a lot of other people. I don't think this is a playoff team.

The only thing that makes Terry a point guard is that he is not tall enough to be a shooting guard. The guy needs to shoot, which is fine, except that the Hawks also want to run a post offense with Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Oh, and they also have to get shots for Glenn Robinson.

I think Terry is a good player, but he is not someone who can distribute the ball well, set up the offense and make the right passes. What's worse that is there is no real point guard on the bench, either. Emanual Davis certainly proved he is not up to that role, and Dan Dickau is as much a shooting guard in a point guard's body as Terry is.

You can look at the numbers and say, "Well, Robinson averages this many points, Abdur-Rahim averages this many and Terry averages this many, so it is going to be a good team." I disagree. I just don't see the parts fitting together. I think a point guard -- someone who could take charge, make sure everyone got his shots and keep everyone happy -- would solve that problem.

Oh well.

As for JT, quietly, he has 16 assists and ZERO turnovers in our last two games, both wins. Looks like a PG to me! And don't tell anybody, but against NO, he shot poorly but we still managed to win because he ran the team well. 5 pts, 9 assts, 5 rebs, 0 tos. We scored 97 points against Charlotte despite the fact that JT had only 5 and Reef didn't play. Shhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone, they might realize what most of us here already know. We have a PG!