• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK has us in a pretty good position

BornandDieHawks

I think back to him not trading AL before the trading deadline. If he had bowed down to the fans, he would traded our biggest trade asset for someone who would have kill our CAP and not helped our team in the long run. Now our team is one of a few who can take on a big salary if needed. The point is we have options now.

We will have a high draft pick with one of the most attractive FA in AL we can use in a sign/trade.

We have room under the CAP to make other moves to improve the team.

If we can get a defensive Big to patrol the middle our record would significantly improve. We lost 14 games this year by 3 points or less and several more by 5 or less.

I agree. I just hope we do not do anything stupid and trade Marvin. I do not think we will. He is still just a baby. He could even grow another inch or so. It took KG and JO several years to become stars. Imagine how good this team would be if MW blossoms. Between he, JJ, Smoove, that is a pretty damn good start.

In the last off season BK added JJ, MW, Zaza and Slim. That is an amazing increase in overall basketball talent in just one off season. If we can have a similarly successful off season this year, then the future will truly be bright.

I went to see some games when we had Theo, the Big Dog and Shareef. This team is so much more fun to watch.

Guest Walter

especially one at a position of need?

If you could trade MW for Bargnani or Thomas why wouldn't you? They have more upside and they play positions we need.

W

he is both in many ways. He has a more discernable/attributable 'high end' skill but definitely lacks the overall game/ versatility.

It depends on what you want and how much stock you put into player development/ what you need those players to do.

Guest Walter

Quote:

he is both in many ways. He has a more discernable/attributable 'high end' skill but definitely lacks the overall game/ versatility.

It depends on what you want and how much stock you put into player development/ what you need those players to do.

I agree, and don't forget his heart. I like the kid's heart as much as his extreme athleticism. A guy like Aldridge's heart, after the LSU game, not so much.

W