• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Reitsma chronicles

CBAreject

Some of you are surprised that Reitsma is doing his best Dan Kolb impersonation this year. Well, don't count me amongst the likes of you with short memories.

I have been Chris Reitsma's single biggest detractor on this forum for the past 3 seasons. Some have defended him relentlessly, but I have stuck to my position that he is not a pressure pitcher. He is "streaky" at best, and he tends to crumble when we need him the most. I wanted to trade him at the end of the '04 season because his value was relatively high. I believed he would never be a dependable pitcher in playoff-intensity situations. Far less than a closer, he isn't even a top set-up man.

Here is a list of my mad face posts on Reitsma:

8/05

4/05

10/04

9/04

7/04

Of particular interest is that in '04 he blew three huge games against the Phillies when they were in a race with us.

I'd like to see him be given a chance to START, then relegated to mop-up duty.

Do you post on Bravesjournal/etc? The R**TSM* cursing is fantastic there.

Ive actually been a strong defender of Reitsma, never on here or any other forum, but among friends and colleagues. I think he is a hell of a pitcher with probably the best change-up in the big leagues. just my opinion. but ive finally decided he just isnt the guy to be our closer. he isnt a closer period. the guy just doesnt have the mental make-up to get the job done. hopefully ken "death" ray or mcbride can step in a get the job done.