• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the story with the attendance?

d2v16DKG

I'm from Connecticut and a big Hawks fan since the days of Bob Pettit, Pete Maravich, and Nique. By way of the NBA Pass I get to watch all the Hawk games and truly enjoy Bob and the "Stinger". Please tell me, however, why do none of you Hawk fans go to the games?? 6,000 attendance, that's embarrassing. Especially this year, we have some interesting, sexy players so what's the problem? If I lived in Atlanta, I would be there every game! As it is, I have tickets for Friday's game in Boston and will cheer my a** off for the Hawks despite it might be detrimental to my health. I also have tickets for Hawks v Nets and Hawks vs 76rs and will cheer my a** off there too (if I'm still alive). But to cheer for the home team must be a luxury for you guys. WHY DON'T YOU GUYS GO TO THE GAMES!! Don't give me that crap about Atlanta being a transplanted city of all transplants from elsewhere who don't follow the Hawks. Don't the Hawks have a Public Relations Dept????? Please enlighten me!

If you are not winning and doing it in an exciting fashion, as a general rule, the fans are not going to come to games here. I wish the people of this city would get behind the team in both good times and bad times but they won't. Last night's effort was not very good and I can't help but wonder if a packed house could have given the team that little extra they needed to get back in the game (although I don't know if ANY amount of cheering could have overcome Lon's HORRIBLE timing with regard to his substitutions).

I go to almost every game and I love the team but it's not my place to tell people how they should spend their money. Honestly though, I don't think its as much about the money as it is that the fans here only cheer when the team is winning. The marketing with the team could definitely be better but even if it were top notch, I think the team has to win before the fans will come.