• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Theo the difference maker?

hds428

I've been looking back over the Ws and Ls looking for patterns to emerge, and something I'm finding is this. When Theo plays the entire game we typically win. Look at the WC roadtrip, most of those losses stacked up early with Theo in foul trouble. Then again last night, Theo gets into early foul trouble, and the Hawks spiral out of control. Watching him this year, Theo does seem to bring alot of leadership to the floor, not just directing traffic on defense either. So tell me what you guys think? Am I crazy? Am I seeing things that aren't there? I really believe that Theo is a big difference maker on this team.

Theo gets the team going when he makes a big block or throws down a thunderous dunk. He gives the team a lot of attitude. If Theo doesn't play well, its almost impossible for us to win, particularly with Nazr out. If he stays healthy, I like our chances to be a playoff team and maybe make some noise when we get there.

• Admin

you do that, you can see how much of a difference maker he can be. You'll see a few guys try to get to the basket early in a game and ye'll pack their lunch a few times. After that they don't try much more. But he'll go out of the game and it's like a layup line. Maybe not that bad but you can tell the other team said "theo is out, attack the basket". That's respect.

He's way more than the stiff, offensively challenged shot blocker that some made him out to be. He's a solid rebounder, decent scorer and a much better man to man defender than he probably gets credit for. Then there's the intimidation factor he brings. That's huge. Beyond that you see him making the team better as well. We've seen stretches where we've been able to shut down solid offensive teams and it starts with Theo. JT is able to gamble as he likes to do and Big Dog doesn't have to cover his man too hard (not that he would anyway). That's a difference maker in my book.