• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could We End Up With 3 Guys Averaging 20 PPG?

Traceman

The following was taken from Chad Ford's Insider column:

The Hawks could be the first team in a long time to field three players with scoring averages of 20 ppg. Believe it or not, the last team to do it was the 1990-91 Warriors led by Chris Mullin (25.7 ppg), Mitch Richmond (23.9 ppg) and Tim Hardaway (22.9 ppg). The Bucks and Mavs were both close last season, but this year it looks like the Hawks may actually accomplish that feat.

The Hawks beat the Sonics at their own game Tuesday. Seattle has a plethora of scorers -- Gary Payton, Rashard Lewis, Brent Barry, Desmond Mason, Vladimir Radmanovic — but only two of them, Payton and Lewis, are really capable right now of averaging 20 points a night.

The Hawks, on the other hand, are getting nightly performances from Glenn Robinson, Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Jason Terry.

Tuesday night they were even better. Robinson ended with 37 points, Abdur-Rahim chipped in 31 and Terry dropped in 15 points and 10 assists. It's tough to combat that.

Sonics coach Nate McMillian is hoping that Mason, who had a spectacular 23 points Tuesday night, eventually develops into the team's third big scorer.

"Anytime you have three guys who can score you play off them," McMillan told the Tacoma Tribune. "Any team would want that. We have two in Gary [Payton] and Rashard [Lewis] and we're working on getting another, hopefully in a year or so, that we can develop."

I'd LOVE to see it happen but I don't know if JT will end up with a 20 ppg average. He COULD but I think we will see his assist numbers above 8 and his PPG around 18.5. If he does that and we win, he will earn his big 7 year contract.

He is one of the best PG right now believe it or not. He has an advantage playing PG in college. Big Dawg and Reef look like on of the best duo's in the NBA. What's most valuable is our depth. we have a lot of different games in every player on the bench. Hendu is all about experience and play making. Ham is all about power and energy. Nazr isall about finesse. Once we gel I think we can be the best in the east.