• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JT

BlackHawkDown

I have read a few post berating JT. Fact is I think that they are wrong and premature. 1) JT has shown to be a very error prone Point. 2)He turns the ball over can lose control easily and 3)hasn't reached his full potential on D. With that said he is also perhaps the fastest player in the league, A great creater, esp of the dribble, A constant threat to score and although I said he hasnt reached his full potential he is still a great defender. Facts is he is still fairly new to the NBA point. GP used to make mistakes also early in his career if he is still turnover prone at the end of the season then talk about him. But until then just enjoy the season.

PS he still has a respectable assist/turnover ratio.

... a decent defender who, with coaching and emphasis, could become a fine defender. I've just seen him get roasted too many times.

This team needs to spend every minute, every practice, every waking hour for about the next six weeks thinking, learning, teaching, practicing and playing defense. There's no excuse for the performance against Orlando the other night.

JT is trying so hard to get his teammates involved, that he never has the time to create a shot for himself off the dribble (which he could easily do). He passes too much on fastbreaks when he should be taking it in himself, etc.

But I'm sure all will be fine once he gets used to his role and his teammates. Gary Payton was probably doing the same thing when he was trying to adjust.

Although JT will never be mistaken for Mookie on the defensive end he is not the liability that some make him out to be. In fact I would take JTs defense over Nash's Bibby's Fishers' Cassells, Kenny Anderson's I name all of these PG because they all don't play great defense but their teams win...u know why ...it is called TEAM D....none of the teams play good defense for 48 mins....but all play enough to get key stops...we have yet to matured in a team that plays team D.

One tends to remember when JT gets beat for a basket...nobody remembers when JT gets beat and Ratliff or SAR steps out and helps and forces a pass out...that is team D....If Dallas can play D with Nash and Nowitski on the floor...or if Sac can play with Bibby and Peja on the floor we can certainly become repectable....we should not have to trade the team away before we realize this.