• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Andersen vs. Clippers

BigDirty

CSKA leads 52-39 at halftime versus the Clippers.

David Andersen started the game at PF. Up until now I can say that he has a very nice midrange shot and makes some good intelligent passes, haven't seen many inside moves from him. On defense CSKA plays a 2-3 zone so it's kinda hard to judge his defense, he tries to block some shots but is rather unsuccessful. Unfortunately the live box score on nba.com doesn't seem to work so I don't know how many points & rebs he currently has. Right now I'd say that the Hawks don't really need him, he seems more like a finesse PF/C than a banger (altough the commentator said, that his strength is around the basket), but I've only seen one half, so I could be totally wrong. wink.gif

Theodoros Papaloukas & Anton Ponkrashov are looking very good for CSKA.

I don't know if you can see the NBA Europe games in the US, but if you do and you want to check out Andersen, CSKA plays again on Tuesday (vs. Maccabi) and on Wednesday (vs. the winner of Suns-76ers).

There is a live box score on the CSKA site (http://www.cskabasket.com/?lang=en).

Andersen has 8 points and 6 rebounds right now. His passing is quite fantastic for a big man. He just scored with a nice fallaway jumper.

2 of the 3 refs are from the NBA and it kinda shows, but CSKA is leading easily right now, 67-52.

CSKA won 94-75 and therefore won the 3 team tournament.

Anderson finished with 9 points (4-8 FG, 1-2 FT) and 6 rebounds. I guess he could be a solid NBA backup big (maybe very solid), but he didn't show me anything to believe that he could be more than that, so I think it wouldn't make sense for both parties if he joined the Hawks.

The Clippers looked very poor in this game, in the 2nd and 3rd quarter they were very frustrated and in the 4th they didn't care anymore, it was kinda embarressing for them, I know that the NBA season hasn't started yet but the season in Russia hasn't started yet either, so I think that they should really not lose that high and be that dominated.