What to make of New Jersey.

Playmaker0017

If we can have New Jersey come into Phillips and play well... that will say a lot about our team.

We played well against an offensively challenged Pistons team. But, we played well none-the-less.

If we can take it to New jersey and even give them a scare. I will say that maybe we might be turning it around.

But, we are due for a win and NJ is due for a loss. :P

If we can win, I'll be really impressed.

To beat this team, we need to work it down low. We need to get them in foul trouble. If we can get some of there prime guys on the bench, we'll be okay.

The zone may get BLASTED tonight. So, hopefully we brought our man defense and can turn it up a notch.

Play.

We all know we are a very talented team, we can score with the best of them even thought we havent been doing it as of late. Yes our offense is very stagnant right now and we have no movements and very little cuts down the lane. Although I did see more of it last game vs Detroit, the little play that swings to Hendu and Big Dog cuts down the middle and hendu throws it in, I like that play and we can do more of that. If the Hawks show the same type of desire and hustle like they did against The Pistons then we can see an upset tonight. We will tell from the opening quarter how will the night be.

Things that we need to do to beat the Nets:

1. Movement on the Ofeensive end.

2. Take care of the ball, no sloppy turnovers.

3. Good perimeter Defense, JT and Wilks need to oput pressure on J. Kidd.

We do this and we can win the game. We all of these except for the movement on offense, although it was better than recent games, but we need more.

JTFan,

Forget the OPENING quarter... it is the third quarter I dread. blush.gifP

But, I agree. I think we can sneak away with one, if we click.

Of course, I would add to your list that we can't hoist up shots EARLY into the shot clock. That presents them with quick chances to score.

We want to remain with the ball in our hands most of the time. Throwing it up will let Kidd run it...

Play.

Hawks couldn't buy, beg, borrow or steal a three point

shot against the Pistons -- They missed all but the last

attempt, or next to last, missing 7 or 8.

Maenwhile, Detroit kept dropping them in and this was

more than the difference.

If Hawks can get Jason Terry untracked and he can hit

some of those shots that have been misses recently,

then I expect us to win. He can do it. We have all

watched as he has done it before but he is in a terrible

slump right now.

Big Dawg, SAR & Terry all tried threes to no avail. There

seemed to be a lid on our goal every three point try.

Othrewise, we had a very good game and one which

we would have won if the three point scoring had been

even. Everything else evened out, but not this.

GrayMule,

I agree about the three point attempts. But quite often, the Hawks shoot dumb shots early into our possession. Doing that against a team that runs, will be our downfall. Men will be running in the wrong way and it will lead to fast break baskets.

We need to play SMART offense.

I wouldn't mind if we didn't take ANY threes. Because once we make one or two, we think we need to hoist them up at a breakneck speed.

Play.