• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

starting lineup ........shakeup

Mr_K

Hawks need a lineup shakeup..............i dont know what Nazr did with Stotts......but Theo looks bad...hard to believe this guy was an allstar. At least throw in Nazr as a starter and lets ball. i think time on the pine would do Theo good.

wat up blackhawk.......n thanks.......

Actually shareef is the only consistant playa on court. They are just totally out of sync. I keep getting back to Ratliff..although he had a tough injury ......i cant help seeing 30+ minutes a game and comin away with 4 points no blocks and 5 reebs. Nazr pops in and plays 7 minutes and pulls 6 reebs down.....somebody tell shareef he dont need to play the paint so much. Just let Reef shoot.

albeit patience is just wearing thin. I must admit I neva liked Krueger anyhow. But this dude......he wont last long either.

Im tellin you......bench theo and play Nazr. You will see Ratliff turn into the power house he can be. Swat man be back agin.

I thought Theo played well early in the season

but has been ineffective since.He was making

a difference at the start of the season but some

thing just happend to him.Maybe he is really

injuried again?

I think what happened was ...we played better defense early on...so when somebody would get beat on the perimeter Theo would be there to block or change the shot. So our perimeter defenders started to get passive thinking hey I can go for the steal or not move my feet..Theo is going to get the block anyway. So we stop working hard...therefore allowing more penetration and more fouls piled up on Theo. I think Theo isn't as aggresive as he would like to be because he knows he will pick up fouls quickly because we can't defend.

SwoleHawk,

I hope you aren't suggesting that Dion Glover should start at the SG?

All that does is remove a decent blackhole and replace it with a worthless blackhole. Niether Dion Glover nor Glenn Robinson have met a shot they wouldn't take.

If you do anything with the lineup, it depends on Ira.

If you want Ira in:

we should either insert Dickau and move Terry to SG. Gives us better ballhandlers on the floor, and moves Ira to SF, where he belongs.

PG - Dickau

SG - Terry

SF - Newble

PF - Abdur-Rahim

C - Ratliff

Either that or keep him at SG and insert defensive presence down low.

PG - Terry

SG - Newble

SF - Henderson or Muhammad

PF - Abdur-Rahim

C - Ratliff

Or remove Ira and do this:

PG - Dickau

SG - Terry

SF - Henderson or Muhammad

PF - Abdur-Rahim

C - Ratliff

But, Dion NEEDS to remain on the bench. He brings nothing except selfishness and a MAJOR lack of court vision. I think Big Dog has court vision, but chooses to shoot. Dion can't even see the court and does ignorant things.

Play.

C'mon man, we shoot entirely too many jump shots. We have only one person that can consitantly take his man off the dribble in the among the starters (JT). Dion has a suspect jumper but he can get to the rack and create fouls thats what we need. He can help with some ball handling more so that Dog or Ira. On the defensive end Ira could play the best scoring 2 or 3 on the opposition and Dion could take what is left.

Dion shoots alot when he comes off the bench because that is his role...scorer off the bench.

If we are going to turn this thing around..this will be the lineup....

JT

Dion

IRA

SAR

THEo

This will never happen because, we don't have the balls to bench Dog..it would cause too much of a disruption.

SwoleHawk,

I definately agree that Big Dog won't be benched because we don't have the nads to do so... but I also think Dion Glover is a plug.

He will always be a plug.

His move is pathetic. And he doesn't have the capability to make decisions on the move. Once he starts going to the basket, he won't stop. Not even if Ben Wallace, Dikembe Mutombo and Theo Ratliff we all waiting there for him.

He averages more shots per 48 minutes than the rest of the Hawks team, last I checked.

Yes, he can drive. But it doesn't help us get the ball to Reef or break the zone, if he doesn't pass it. He can't pass it.

Dion always, even last year when he was placed in more of a starting position, shoots far too much and makes ignorant decisions.

Play.

Thats because he needs time with that starting unit. If you tell a young player your role is to be the scorer off the bench that is what he will try to be. Dion can pass..and needs time to develop on the court. we need somebody in the starting lineup to go barreling down the lane...I can stand a few charges but he will ultimately but big men in foul trouble..watch how Finley will get Theo into foul trouble tonight. This is what we lack...and guess what he can move is feet on defense...something Dog can't do.

SwoleHawk,

If you are saying you prefer Dion Glover over Big Dog, then I probably agree.

He isn't as great a scorer, or even in the same ballpark, but he does EVERYTHING else better than Glenn.

I would prefer Dion in over Glenn. But then, that isn't saying much. I would probably put my laptop computer in for Glenn. I mean, with the screen up -- man, that might alter some shots... something Glenn doesn't do. That and it can pick up some charges.

Play.