• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JT's contract situation

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Well, again, I hate to be premature, but the way things are going now, do you guys really think that JT will get a new contract? Stotts obviously is not going to use him as the PG, so what value does he have as a SG? I know some of you (including me) would love to have him on the roster regardless, but I wouldn't fault him if he chose to go somewhere else where he could start alongside a bigger PG for more $. With Theo, GRob, & SAR (among others) committed to big $, can the Hawks really afford to outbid other teams for him? So wouldn't a trade be the best thing for both JT & the Hawks?

Until we figure out WHAT Jason is, we won't be able to slot him into a reasonable guess for a salary.

Certainly, not taking hold of the point will cost him millions, sorry to say, especially when Bibby is doing similar things in SAC, but has Christie, Turk, Peja, Webber, et al to make it easier for Bibby to do the same things JT does here.

If he is a SG, he won't be paid like a starting SG because of his size, and if he is a 6th man, then it's mid-level all the way....

But until we see how it ultimately plays out this season, and what he ends up being, then we won't be able to know for sure, except that he isn't going to get the big payday he hoped he could capture...