• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Midseason Grades

hds428

With 6 games remaining till the halfway point, I figured that not much would change dramatically between now and those six. so here goes my mid season grades...

PG C- Jason Terry is'nt a true point and does better at the 2 with a true point in, no matter what size. the junkmail big combo guard experiment failed miserably, but Wilks and Dickau have shown sparks of what this team could be with a pass first point guard who'll focus on setting up shots and defense.

SG D- Losing DerMarr hurt, Dion has taken a step backward, and Ira's lack of offense and handles, it all combines to expose the two as a weakness that allows other teams to lock up the point.

SF D- I'm not so ready to proclaim GRob the cancer and the sole source of problems on this squad, but it's hard to get around the fact that we win when he's out, coincidence or not. Either way he's visibly not fitting in for whatever reason, and his backup Darvin Ham is very inconsistent.

PF F Alan Henderson's overachieving comeback is overshadowed by the slumping one-allstar-wonder that we have starting. Opposing teams light us up early and often from this position, from Amare Stoudemire up-n-comers to Al Harrington bench fill ins.

Center C- Honestly if you'd told me Theo would have been as productive this year and not miss any games, I would have laughed. Obviously Theo is'nt back to form yet after having sat for a year and a half, but he's well on his way, and Nazr is quielty playing at a decent level.

Coaching F- Dismal failure. Lon was'nt the answer for this team but firing him during the season has so far done more harm than good. At least Lon could inspire these guys to hold the fort at home. I hope the offseason brings a real answer and a real NBA coach.

Management F- Another dismal failure. Pete seems to have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory after acquiring Glen Robinson for practically nothing, and the personnell moves from the coaching staff to the players on the floor have all flopped right in Pete's face.

Fanbase F We fans have our own shame here for having jumped off the bandwagon, people were'nt even filling the Philips Arena in early November when the Hawks were playing so well. I myself have'nt been to a game since December, so it's on all of us when the ESPN clods joke about the Hawks playing infront of ten people. It's not entirely our fault, but we certianly do share a small piece of the shame that our home team has become over the past few years.

Chillz, you think management has done a good job of putting coaches and players on the floor and in a position to win? I think the record directly reflects management as much as it does the players, and with that Playoff Guarantee farce... what grade would you give them? As for the PF, well tell me what's so great about our power forwards, the tough defense and rebounding or the leadership from the highest paid player and allstar? My original grade was an F-- but then I factored in Hendu and that actually brought it up some. You can attack me and call me stupid or whatever and that's fine, but could'nt you at least say why you think I'm wrong instead of/ in addition to just base name calling??

• Admin

is to bring in players that give the team a good chance to win. They did that. So far this group of players has failed in that regards. But it's the same scenario that every GM goes through almost every year. They assemble a group of un-tested, players that look good on paper. They all hope, as pete hoped, that a leader would emerge from the group and that they would come together as a team. That just has not happened here. You can't fault the GM for trying though. THe only teams that wouldn't do what we did are the teams that are already winning.

As for the PF. I agreed with what he said though. An F is absurd by ANY standard. An F is saying that we don't even have a guy worthy of being second string out there. That's a joke. Sure he doesn't play defense much. Sure he doesn't bring it every night. But 20/7 and 16th on the efficiency rating nets an F? THAT IS A JOKE MY FRIEND.

You took something that should be based entirely on logical analysis and mixed it in with emotion with makes it completely biased. The two just don't mix. We have a very good PF, not excellent, but still very good. And our management team tried a combo that just didn't work out. Neither of which deserves an F..unless you add in your personal disappointment with the result. But then that makes it a biased opinion, not a logical grading of performance.

Oh, and I never attacked you, called you stupid or resorted to base name calling. I'd appreciate you not suggesting that I did either. Thanks.

I'd give everybody a f for failure.

Pete included....He has put together a very unathletic

squad with all bad defenders.He put no thought into

the players other than a stat sheet and you see the

results.A team that struggles to get off good shots

and their best player gets his shots blocked on a

regular basis...Often stuffed head to head *cough* Jerry

Stackhouse.That is what stat sheet reading only gets

you.