• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Future lineup for Atlanta?

Guest Atlanta

Guest Atlanta

How will Atlanta's line up look in future-perspective?

The thing I'm thinking of is are we going to bench one of our forwards? I'm talking about Shelden Williams, Marvin Williams, or Josh Smith. I don't think Shelden Williams can be a dominative center in the NBA. I think he's more of a power forward. Are we going to get rid of one of those forwards?

Just wanted to know what you guys thought about this.

My predicted starting lineup:

PG: This year's pick (James, Law, Steele): IMO, nobody on this team is good enough to start for us here. we need new blood.

SG: Joe Johnson: Self Explainitory... seriously, who's gonna take this spot away from him? Salim?

SF: Marvin Williams: As bad as he's been, he's still gotta be the guy, otherwise BK looks like a fool. (In a perfect world, K-Durant will take this spot come summer)

PF: Josh Smith: He was looking beastly before he went down. I expect more of the same when he gets back.

C: Solomon Jones: This kid could really be something. He's raw, but he's an athletic freak with legit Center height, and a knack for swatting the ball.

Guest Walter

Quote:

SF: Marvin Williams: As bad as he's been, he's still gotta be the guy, otherwise BK looks like a fool. (In a perfect world, K-Durant will take this spot come summer)

If we want that "perfect world" we've got to make it ourselves.

W

Quote:

PG: This year's pick (James, Law, Steele): IMO, nobody on this team is good enough to start for us here. we need new blood.

SG: Joe Johnson: Self Explainitory... seriously, who's gonna take this spot away from him? Salim?

PF: Josh Smith: He was looking beastly before he went down. I expect more of the same when he gets back.

C: Solomon Jones: This kid could really be something. He's raw, but he's an athletic freak with legit Center height, and a knack for swatting the ball.

I would love to see Solomon turn out to be a second round steal. He looks to have a lot of the skills and is not afraid to mix it up. Can really leap and seems to have a natural nack for blocking shots. I think we need to make a commitment to playing him significant minutes every night. Make Lo a cheerleader.

Guest Atlanta

Quote:

Does that make Shelden Williams the sixth man?

Quote:

Quote:

Does that make Shelden Williams the sixth man?

Sure does, with Chillz and Zaza filling out the 8 man rotation.

Quote:

Quote:

W

Amen, dude. The kid's too good to let foolish pride get in the way of getting him.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

Amen, dude. The kid's too good to let foolish pride get in the way of getting him.

...picking him should we pick 1st. I'd lean towards Oden or the best center prospect, whatever that seems to be at the time, but Durant is the truth. I would insist upon a MW draft day trade. Think this: MW, the Indy pick, and may be ZaZa for Thabeet/$$$ or something. That's alot to give up but getting both Thabeet and Durant would give us to pair with JJ, Childress, and JS would simply make us too good to stop in short time. Another possibility is getting Durant and if we can't then move MW immediately, trade Durant for Thabeet/little something.

Again, I could go either way. As another poster put it, let's see Durant in the post-season. Still a franchise-center would be an easy roster fix. I would LOVE to have this problem regardless.

W

Note: I am reluctant on the MW trade idea having just examined the likely high lottery teams and realizing like most they all have Sf prospects. They likely wouldn't want him. Such an abundant position. One of the reasons for not taking MW in the 1st place.