• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove's growth is so encouraging!

Wretch

• Premium Member

Josh Smith is breaking out and I am just so impressed by how he's coming along.

• First year, he comes out and shows why he is an incredible prospect - rebounding, blocks, athleticism. Lots of potential.

• Last year, he expanded on that and REALLY worked on his shot. Started showing some serious range. He wanted people to know that he's not just a dunker.

• This year...he's attacking the basket. And damn does he look good at it.

I've always appreciated his potential, but I was skeptical that he could be as good as some people's expectations. Looks like it's all coming together though and I couldn't be happier. I guess the question now is, can he maintain it? That's not even a question really, because if he DOES maintain this level of production...then he's got a legit chance at being that legit 2nd option.

He's just so important to the team though on both ends of the floor. Chill was my target player to watch for quite some time, but I'm gonna have to keep up with Smoove from now on.

Other points on Smith...

Switching it up. I'd like to see Josh use the pump fake more often and keep the defense off balance. Seems like he's either in attack mode or shoot mode. He needs a to balance those in the game to keep the defense guessing. He also needs a little more consistency on that shot before the D really starts to honor him, but he gets plenty of looks with the way JJ plays.

Man...I can only imagine a 1 - 2 of JJ and Smoove night in and night out like that...

He's a deceptively good passer. I don't know if anyone else notices, but every now and again, he'll throw these sweet dimes. Like last night, he dropped one on Ren in traffic. Rath and Smitty knocked the pass little bit, but I don't think they had good view on the play. Ren just got caught by surprise and threw it up a little strong.

Back to the basket. I don't see Smoove post up much (if at all), but is that because Woody's has him as the 3 on offense? I do see them posting up Marvin on the side quite often, so maybe... Regardless, I'm not especially comfortable without a true back to the basket PF. We're already hurting at Center with no remedy in sight. We're going to continue to be really transition and perimeter oriented if we can't get consistent looks in the paint. I like Josh going to the basket, but we're going to need some work down low if we really want to get serious about winning.