• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to buy a new cell phone

joannes3000

So I've been contemplating getting a new cell phone for a few months now. I hate to give up my old phone ( Nokia 6820) because it's done more than survive the past 2+ years since I bought it, but Cingular keeps telling me I need a Cingular device in order for my wife and I to sign up for a family plan I have to switch phones. Unlocking the phone is another option but I currently don't have a means of doing that.

Anyhoo... Cingular currently has a ridiculous deal on refurbished BlackJacks which has me on the verge of finally making the switch. I wanted to see if any of y'all have the Blackjack or wanted to share opinions on some of the newer phones out there that are comparable to the BlackJack.

I dont have any info about the blackjacks, but I can offer you this:

http://www.peters1.dk/webtools/nokia/nokia...ne.php?sprog=en

a free utility to unlock your 6820 -- just tell cingular (now AT&T) that you need a sim card, rather than a full phone.

- I dont blame you for not wanting to give up the 6820, I used to have the 6800 and LOVED it...

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went ahead and ordered myself a Black Jack. It should be here by Thursday. For anybody that's in the market for a phone, here's a promo code good for $25 off any phone/accessory when you activate a new service. It made the total for my Black Jack an underwhelming $24.99. bannana_guitar.gif

Cingular promo code, expires 7.15.07 - WLS25