• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No trades yet? anybody hear anything?

TheDude

DocHawk,

I have heard nothing, and even the "sure thing" Sprewell trade has quieted down. The sources are now pointing to Van Horn. A trade I can't quite understand.

But, I wish we could get rid of Big Loaf.

I was thinking last night about trying to go after Memphis players Dickerson and Stromile.

I think Dickerson gives us an upgrade to Dion. A better ball handler and a pure shooter. Great defender. He's cheap and he is not being used in Memphis.

Then Slowmile with Theo on the front line might give us a defensive juggernaught. My worry would be that we would clog our offensive end, because Slow isn't much of an offesive standout. He could either play off the bench or start in place of Big Loaf.

I think we would be dramatically better if we were able to pick those two up and lose Big Loaf.

Play.

You talking about NBA Live or something? If you are talking about the real thing, do you mean when he plays the Hawks or do you have another team.......?

By the way Hotlanta is somewhat correct. Cuttino isnt a great finisher in that he doesnt dunk the ball well and he doesnt have a variety of layups and ways to get the ball in the hole and isnt strong after contact, but he does seem to find a way to get it in most of the time. The only thing he really does well is that he can shoot the lights out and is left-handed, which is a huge asset.

Dolfan,

I am talking about when I followed Reef. I always used to watch Cuttino light up the team.

He is a shooter, and it seems that every team Reef plays for -- the team forgets to cover shooters. Hence, Reggie Miller being wide open for 4of5 threes.

I don't play NBA Live, it is completely dumb. I used to, but now it is just ignorant. I can stand to play it for 5 minutes and then I turn it off.

Play.

Dickerson is signed through 2007/2008 and will make around $9 million in the last year of his contract. He is hardly cheap. In fact, his contract makes him VERY difficult to deal because nobody wants to commit to him for that much money for that long.

Dickerson was a solid player when healthy but he hasn't been healthy in a LONG time and he was never great. What did he ever do in Vancouver playing alongside Reef and Mike Bibby? That team was still awful. He would be an upgrade on Glover in a lot of areas but Glover's contract expires this year and he makes less than $2 million. Dickerson is due to make 20x that amount over the next few years. Is he worth it?

As for Swift, I like his athleticism and his OFFENSE but when did he become this great defender? I know he can block a few shots but I have seen him get thoroughly abused in the low post on numerous occasions.

Traceman,

He is abused in the post because he hasn't had much coaching nor opportunity. He is still young, and has little basketball sense. He could learn a lot from Ratliff.

I didn't know they resigned Dickerson for 9 Million. He definately isn't worth that much, but I would rather him than a lot of other players. He definately brings defense.

The problem with Vancouver was coaching and Big Country. That contract ruined that organization. Plus, Bibby is the most overrated PG in basketball right now.

I would rather those two than having Big Load. I think it would bring us two decent players for one great shooter. Dickerson brings defense, ball handling and 3point range. Slowmile brings a young player with loads of athletic ability.

Dickerson's weakness is he is a "good" Dion Glover. He can break a team down, but can't pass on the move.

Play.

DocHawk,

I never really wanted Cuttino. I just thought that he might have had some skill. I guess I was wrong.

But, who isn't getting torched by Flobie right now?

But, Dickerson gaurded AI straight up and he said he was the best defensive player he ever went against.

Digging deeper into the Vancouver/Memphis background -- isn't Sam Mack sitting on his butt?

Play.

I wouldn't hold the fact that Cuttino can't guard Kobe one on one, particularly in the low post, against him. Kobe is hard for guys his size and bigger to guard, let alone smaller guys. 35+ points in the last 10 games? That is pretty elite stuff.

I like Mobley. He's not a great SG but he's certainly better than average. I'd like to have him at SG for us right now.