• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The most productive players in NCAA bball

Hatertots

Let me start by admitting that I haven't checked these numbers for accuracy so don't read too much into them. But it is an interesting point of discussion.

As measured by Win Score per minute, the most productive players in college were: (an explanation can be found at The Wages of Wins Journal )

Al Horford- .4233

Greg Oden- .4117

Kevin Durant- .4030

Joakim Noah- .3967

B. Wright- .3397

PG scores are as follows:

Conley- .2335

Law IV- .1705

Crittenton- .1594

Average win scores per minute vary by position. The average win scores by position are:

C- .225

PF- .215

SF- .152

SG- .128

PG- .132

With a score of .4233, Al Horford was the most productive player in college and outproduced the average C and PF scores of .225 and .215 by a wide margin. Oden and Durant were similarly well above average. By comparison, Spencer Hawes was pretty average at only .2307

As for the PG crop, with a score of .2335 Mike Conley Jr. easily outperforms every other PG in this group. In fact, he posted a higher win score per minute than did Deron Williams in his last year of college (.150) and came close to Chris Paul's last year score of .256.

It's nice to see Conley getting some positive evaluation of his collegiate career, especially with some of the IMO undeserved negativity going around about him lately. I just love the way the kid plays- he plays like a classic, old-school *point* guard, a distributor who makes his teammates around him better. And Horford looks like a BEAST.

BK is gonna have some tough choices to make in this draft, and I can only hope that's he's not going to screw them up....or do something completely disastrous like trade the house for Pau Gasol.

His numbers really surprised me. I assumed that all the PGs would rate out similarly since the popular opinion has been that the gap between any of them is much smaller than the gap between the bigs. And while it seems that the gap between the bigs is larger, the gap between Conley and Law doesn't seem to be small.

So I guess in a way this shows us what we already knew: we can either take one of the best bigs or one of the best PGs, but probably not both.

FWIW, Law scored higher than Deron did in his last year so you never know.