• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

An Interesting OffSeason Decision To Make

TheDude

We do have an interesting decision to make in the offseason. I think most of us will be excited to see DerMarr come back and see what he can do at the SG position. However I thought maybe the Hawks would look toward a veteran point in this offseason. This would put Terry at the Sg and leave DJ out or at SF(not his natural position). All of this in my own mind of course was in trading GRob...

Solution? Could we put Terry at point and DJ at SG, trade Big Dog for a powerful, hussling, rebounding power forward(like a Fizer) and a low 1st rounder. I think at that point, we'll be at our best with the talent we have..Theo would have a fellow thug down low, Reef could go to SF where he could play very well and doesn't need to be quite as physical.

HOWEVER, the ONLY problem with this scenario is DerMarr's ballhandling ability. I think with his size, he could play good defense so that's not an issue. But I've heard people question his ballhandling and you definitely want good ballhandling from you starting SG. If DerMarr can work on that now while he's not full strength..

Lineup:

Theo

Fizerlike PF

Reef

DJ

Terry

If we were to trade GRob for a big hussling power forward, instead of also getting a low 1st rounder, we could package him with Dion Glover to get either a better power forward OR even better, get a couple better bench players...

Any thoughts on this? I personally would be all over this..

DerMarr Johnson can't be looked at as an integral part and a key ingredient due to his injury. If he can play, he will sign probably a 1-2 year deal that is cheap, and he will be given a chance in training camp.

It would be foolish on the Hawks part to sign DerMarr and then immediately make him a starter. He's got to show he can even play.

true, but i fully expect him to earn a starting spot...he has the natural talent and i expect him(especially after the life-threatening accident) to show full motivation and hardwork to better his game...

i still think dj will turn out to be a star..

CALL ME CRAZY!!..