• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm still a Hawks Fan!

phoostal

I just want to let everyone on the board know I'm still a Hawks fan even if they have taken a dive on this road trip.

I know it's been a rough three years, but things will turn around, when I don't know, but they will.

It's easy to kick a team when they are down and out, but to give support to them when they are bad I thing seperates the true fans from the fair weathered fans.

Yes, I know they got blown out in Memphis and Chicago. And this shouldn't be happening. But, I thought the team responded well in the last game they played at Toronto. Even if they have quit like everyone has said, then why not just get blown out by Toronto.

I think when you watch the Hawks you should try to build on the positives, then the negatives. I know this is hard since the negatives are easier to find, but this way you can come away feeling good about something.

It could be with an individual player, coach, effort, etc. But there is always some sort of positive you can take away. For example last night I thought the team played alot better than they have on the first two games of the road trip, but yet we still have people calling the players dumbazz. They gave good effort last night and had a chance to win. Not to mention there was a questionable call that gave Toronto the lead to begin with. Let me ask you this, if that call wasn't made and the Hawks won, would they still be dumbazz's.

I think everyone should take a timeout before they post knee jerk reactions. Do people actually think before they post on this board? I know everyone on here is smarter than that, just take sometime to digest the game before we start making crazy comments. Maybe it's an hour for some or even a day.

Listen, I'm not telling you what to do or not to do as a fan. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's what makes this country great. But, I feel a true fan supports the team through thick and thin.

I am a Braves fan and from 83 til 91 they were the laughing stock of baseball. Guess what they are a model organization now. And the years they sucked were a lot longer than the three years the Hawks have had now. You have to be patient and roll with the punches. It will turn around you have to have faith.

This is just one person's comments, I was trying to be a little positive sense everyone is so negative all of the time.

I love when people pull this "be loyal"stuff.All those

players are loyal to is their pockets.Basketball is

supposed to be entertainment...Well they don't

give entertainment.

What do the fans get for supporting a team that has

never won anything?

I thought you were done posting Mr. Positive. I guess maybe you do care since you are still on here. Or you have nothing better to do with your life. Maybe this board is your life. Considering you can't go a day, or for that matter an hour without posting. You must spend the other hours looking for girls you can use as your signature. Life must be awfully dull for you.

Anyway's I guess to be a fan of team they have to win something, that's a great philosophy. You can't be a fan of a team unless you win a championship.

There will be room for you to jump on the bandwagon when they turn it around. When that is, I don't konw. Can't wait to see your posts then. They will probably state that you supported this team through thick and thin. You knew they were going to turnaround and blah, blah, blah. Well, welcome back anyways we missed your positive side of things.

I'm glad you aren't fighting for our country. I can see it know, oh my gosh Saddam said we will lose and he looks tough in his uniform. You know he has won most of the battles he has fought in Iraq. We need to leave immediately. We are in trouble. That's the spirit, glad to have your support.

I know I shouldn't expected a response from you, because you are through posting. Right?

Whatever.

I thought you were done posting Mr. Positive. I guess maybe you do care since you are still on here. Or you have nothing better to do with your life. Maybe this board is your life. Considering you can't go a day, or for that matter an hour without posting. You must spend the other hours looking for girls you can use as your signature. Life must be awfully dull for you.

Anyway's I guess to be a fan of team they have to win something, that's a great philosophy. You can't be a fan of a team unless you win a championship. "

Everybody makes jokes about the Hawks.Not only can

they not win, but they can't even get watchable players.

All they have brought here over the years is trash like

Steve Smith/Christian/Mookie/JT and other 3rd rate

players.

Who supports a bunch of wimps like the Hawks?I care

to make in fun of them.They deserve it.But hey,smell

the roses and try and see postives that aren't there.

"Anyway's I guess to be a fan of team they have to win something, that's a great philosophy. You can't be a fan of a team unless you win a championship. "

When ws the last time they even made the finals or

the third round of the playoffs?

"I'm glad you aren't fighting for our country. I can see it know, oh my gosh Saddam said we will lose and he looks tough in his uniform. You know he has won most of the battles he has fought in Iraq. We need to leave immediately. We are in trouble. That's the spirit, glad to have your support. "

I'm not the one out there turning the world againest us.

crticize the [censored] out of them when I know they can do better. There is no excuse for this team to be as bad as it is right now and MAJOR changes have to be made prior to next season if this team is going to improve.

Our cap situation is so messed up that the only meaninigful change that MIGHT occur is a change in managment/ownership. Outside of winning the lottery and getting a top 3 pick and/or a miraculous recovery and signifcant improvement of DJ, I don't see any realistic avenues for significant improvement next year. Babcock needs to be gone and whether its really fair or not, Stotts needs to go as well. This team needs new leadership/vision in the front office.

And that is why people laugh.They know Pete doesn't

have the slightest bit of ruthlessness in him...He has

brought in players that are soft just like himself.

Positives ?? Yes, Hawks have some of those.

As bad as it is, I still watch and hope for something good

to happen.

I, too watched and rooted for the Braves while they ended

up on the bottom, year after year. Then, worst to first!!

I have been a Falcon fan from day one. Suffered with them

loosing, game after game. Went to the Super Bowl!

Finally, the big one! Then, one of our players commit the

mistake on the eve of the game and this becomes

enough of a distraction that Falcons get blown away.

Don't understand and follow the game, but I do keep up

with the Atlanta hockey team, read the stories and see the

loosing scores. Expecting them to improve next season.

That seems to be the story of my life as a fan -- Always hoping for a better season next year.

Positives for the Hawks??

How about Theo playing a full season. We have watched

as the rust of not playing for so long is finally going away.

He has raised his offensive game to a new level recently.

Jason Terry. Still trying to learn the point guard position

in the N.B.A. Not there yet, but has improved. When he

is hot and his shot falling, he is great -- Just not all

the time -- needs to be more consistent.

SAR -- A very good player -- Plays a mostly consistent

game --

DerMarr -- Improved so much, to the point he was ready

to be a real contributor this season -- Then he is almost

killed and lost for the season -- Again we say, "Wait for

next season!"

Glover -- So close to being the player we have hopes that

he can become -- Improving, but not there yet.

Newble -- Great defense and improving as a shooter -- Not

a great scorer, but good. Plays hard, which is more than

we can say about the rest of the team at times.

Dickau -- A dissapointing rookie season -- Injury may have

held him back -- Must work hard in the off season to

contribute meaningful minutes in the future.

Big Dog -- Seems to be a square peg in a round hole.

Great scorer, good rebounder, fair defensive player.

Can't dribble worth a darn, becoming a turnover machine

when he puts the ball on the floor -- But he can shoot!!

Bench players are good but, they are not the athletes

that are needed. Not fast enough- or big enough -- or

not good enough shooters -- Just come up a little short.

No three point threats. Not many steals -- Too slow

to run the fast break consistently.

"WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON!" {again}