• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's make a move to round out the roster....

txsting

Our needs:

1) we don't have a frontcourt player who can step out and really shoot the basketball, dangerous from 3pts. Marvin we hope can become that guy, but he just isn't yet and may not be.

2) a defensive presence at C

3) a scoring presence in the post - but hopefully Horford/Smoove will be able to handle this

I do want to play out the first half of the season to see where we stand before making a move. Specifically, let's see where Marvin is at in his development, let's make sure that Law/Claxton will be a good pair, and let's evaluate Horford's all around game.

If we have what I think we have, here's a move to think about:

Marvin/Zaza/Lue for Korver/Dalembert

Philly needs a frontcourt scoring threat (Zaza), and they can hold on to Steven Hunter to provide a similar defensive presence to Dally. Marvin has a better all-around game and upside than Korver, and can play SF or PF. Philly did draft Thaddeus Young, but it will be awhile before he can contribute.

For Atlanta, Korver would make a deadly threat from the outside (>40% from 3), and would make a great rotation with Childress at the 3. Chills can provide more defense, and Korver can be plugged in to spread the floor. We can be very flexible with our matchups. Obviously Dalembert brings strong defensive rebounding and blocked shots, and the ability to really run the floor.

NOTE: I would only do this once Horford can prove that he is a good option offensively, and assuming Marvin has not become a much more efficient scorer.

What do you think about the value in this deal? It seems pretty even, perhaps you can even argue that Philly is getting better, younger talent. Philly also gets some cap savings with an expiring contract.

I think the trade would make us a better, more versatile basketball team immediately. Korver and Dalembert are the right age for this team, giving us a little more experience, and they are both locked up for a long time with fairly good contracts. Dally's contract is pretty high (9.6M) and rising, but that's the price of competitive bigs. I guarantee you Zaza will get 7-8M or more when he hits the market. Korver is a rotational type guy who can't always stay on the floor, and his salary reflects that. It's a very good bargain.