• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Oden surgery

Looks like Oden will undergo a tonsillectomy within the week, effectively sidelining him for the remainder of summer league. Not that he was that impressive, seeing as how his penchant for drawing fouls followed him from Ohio State. Nothing like drawing a summer league double-double with his 13 points and 10 fouls.

All the naysayers are coming out of the woodwork here in Blazer Nation with Oden's unimpressive debut and this recent news. Honestly, I felt like if there was anything to say negatively about Oden, it was his foul troubles. I remember watching him spend long stretches on the bench during the NCAA tourney because he got into foul trouble and I'm still afraid that once he gets into game situations during the regular season, he's gonna get nailed for a lot of tickytack fouls.

Quote:

Looks like Oden will undergo a tonsillectomy within the week, effectively sidelining him for the remainder of summer league. Not that he was that impressive, seeing as how his penchant for drawing fouls followed him from Ohio State. Nothing like drawing a summer league double-double with his 13 points and 10 fouls.

All the naysayers are coming out of the woodwork here in Blazer Nation with Oden's unimpressive debut and this recent news. Honestly, I felt like if there was anything to say negatively about Oden, it was his foul troubles. I remember watching him spend long stretches on the bench during the NCAA tourney because he got into foul trouble and I'm still afraid that once he gets into game situations during the regular season, he's gonna get nailed for a lot of tickytack fouls.

Yeah that's the problem with casual fans, they see all the hype then are chicken littles when the kid plays a couple of summer league games... Oden is 19 years old and comparing him to people like robinson, duncan, ewing etc. is even more unfair as they were seniors and 3-4 years older entering the league. Oden played with a cold and tonsillitis in a summer league game and looked like crap in one game pretty good in another.

Honestly I do not expect Oden to be a big factor his first season particularly on offense. If I'm the blazers I'd start przybilla for at least the first dozen games too.

Plus regarding the fouls it will probably take him a few years to start getting Jordan/Shaq/Wade treatment (if he ever does of course!)

smile.gif