• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AOL/TW Deflect Talk of Sale, Who is David McDavid?

jaywalker72

While AOL/TW deflected the reports regarding the potential sale of the Hawks, Thrashers, and Philips Arena to Dallas businessman David McDavid, thoughts naturally turn to the possible impact a sale of the Hawks to McDavid could have.

As of Monday night, no employees were made aware of a potential sale, as news of the deal was broken by ESPN’s Jim Gray after most Hawks employees had gone home for the night.

In fact, with the team on the road in New York City, there was little response from the Hawks camp regarding the reports that the Hawks had been agreed to be sold.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=307

• Admin

He's been quoted as saying that he wanted a team in a city that "players love". It's a well known fact that athletes of all variety LOVE Atlanta as a city. As far as a place that Athletes like to live/play Atlanta ranks very high on the list. It's only when you mention actually playing here (the Braves being the exception) that players waffle on how great Atlanta is.

Blank is changing that with the Falcons. Maybe McDavid will do the same with the Hawks?? Lets hope so.

IMO, I think that Blank is great; however, I think it is important to remember that he has Vick. People love to see him across the nation. I think that really expanded the popularity more than any of the other moves. So the bottom line is that until the Hawks got someone like a Kobe or Lebron James; I am not sure people would be intersted. The only exception would be if they could get the club to make a suprise run deep in the playoffs, that might also spark interst. My point is Blank is great, but without Vick, I think we would all sing a differnt tune about him!