• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What About the Hawks Free Agents?

jaywalker72

Stepping aside from the “What to do with Glenn Robinson” debate for a while, I wanted to focus on the pending unrestricted and restricted free agents the Hawks will make decisions on in the coming months.

Jason Walker breaks down the important young free agents the Hawks are going to be dealing with over the next few months, looking at what the Hawks might do, the player might do, and what will eventually happen.

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=314

I HOPE the Hawks do whatever it takes to resign JT and DJ. I know that is definitely more likely to be the case with JT than DJ. I HOPE they can get DG and Ira back in the fold for a reasonable price but I'm not holding my breath on either one. I will be surprised if both don't get 3 year offers from another team and if that happens, I'm not sure we will (or should) match. I still see 05/06 as the year we really make our big splash in free agency and signing either of those guys longterm could hapmer that.

All in all, with the possible sale of the teams and so many question marks, it should make for an interesting offseason.

• Premium Member

First of all, a great job on the FA's. But, seriously, what would YOU do with Glenn Robinson and do you think that the "planning" of a trade (whomever it involves) will take precedence over the signings? I'm curious as to what the Hawks' plans are for the summer (after the draft...) and you're my connection. ;>