I talked to Hubie Brown today!

Murat

I have certainly learned a lot from the so-called "ramblings" of old people. I believe in that old adage that experience is the greatest teacher and you can certainly gain a lot of knowledge from listening to someone with a lot experience.

I agree with you too that it is amazing how the conclusion was drawn that Hubie was talking about a particular player (or players) regarding mistakes that may have been made in the draft. Who knows who he was talking about? It could have been Diaw over Josh Howard, Deng or Iggy over Chillz, or Shelden over Roy as easily as it was Marvin over Paul or Deron.

Quote:

Old people ramble on and on and love to keep talking?

Really? And, I suppose that young people don't do this

is what you're saying?

Sometimes sitting down and listening to the voice of

experience can be educational - You just MIGHT learn

something useful. Maybe not, but you never know until

you try it!

Isn't it strange. The oldster says that some mistakes

are made when a team like Atlanta builds thru the draft

and right away someone assumes he is talking about their

favorite draft pick they love to bash.

Then, knowing the old guy was a great coach in the NBA

and hearing him say that he believes, if he had been

their coach, Atlanta coud have won another 5 or 6 games

and made the playoffs, Woodson haters say, Impossible!

Strange. Guess we only hear what we want to hear.

twocents.gif

I guess me saying he came off as senile, for calling last years team with all our injuries a valid playoff team, offended you somehow. Sorry, but you should have read through the whole thread and found this quote of mine as well...

Quote:

I bet it was unique (meeting Hubie). I have met famous people; but never someone who had retired and thus also had time to reflect. That is what I think would be special. Getting them to reflect and also get their opinions on todays game...

I have always liked Hubie because he is opinionated and straight forward; but that does not mean I always agree with his opinions. A lot of past coaches (current broadcasters) and present coaches in the NBA have said we have a talented young group; but I cannot remember a one from last year that said we had a playoff caliber team. Can you?

Needless to say, but I will say it anyway, reading he said that sounded a little Eyecrazy.gif or just downright ludicrous...