• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lon Cooper's role in sale could be a big thing!

KB21

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/c...cker/index.html

Cooper could be considered the "Super Agent" for NBA coaches.

The reason I'd say this could be a big thing is that Cooper probably got a nice piece of change off this deal, and he may steer some of his higher profile coaches to the Atlanta job.

Two coaches that are clients of his:

Paul Silas

Doc Rivers

Silas is available after the Hornets lose out in the playoffs. Chances are, he will not return to New Orleans.

Rivers still has a year on his contract, but he could be receptive to leaving the Magic to come to the team he started his career with.

The management infrastructure will be changed. McDavid says he wants to hire an experienced general manager and let him do the coach hiring. I can't think of any experienced general managers that are available right off the top of my head. I know there was a rumor in the New York Daily News that stated McDavid would like to bring in Mike Dunleavy to run the show. I don't know if I like that idea though. Dunleavy has always been overrated as a head coach, and he was the GM with Milwaukee for a short time in which the Bucks never distinguished themselves.

The big question would be, does Kupchak have complete control in LA, or is he second fiddle to Phil Jackson on everything?

If he doesn't have complete control, would he be willing to leave LA for Atlanta and an opportunity to run the team without interference from his head coach?

I don't know if it will happen. I think it would be a good move, but I still prefer hiring Doc as the GM.

Is Mitch really that good?He didn't improve the Lakers

this pasted offseason and things haven't looked great

since Jerry West left.

Question is: if Orlando's ready to part with Doc, what would they want in return (if the don't fire him) for his "rights"? He's got one year left on his contract...does he want to go to the front office or remain on the floor?

Silas as coach and Doc as GM...it's plausible. I'd still prefer JVG as coach, esp. with the team we have right now. He can teach D...and well, we have offensive players...