• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What could have been.................

Hoosier

might not be as good as what is. My own thoughts on who would have been the best possible picks, with where the Hawks have drafted over the last four years, and how that cast would compare to the team we have now. My picks:

'04 Draft

#6-Al Jefferson (surpases Childress in '06-07)

#17-Josh Smith

#35-Chris Duhon (surpasses D.Smith in '04-05)

'05 Draft

#2-Chris Paul (surpasses Marvin in '05-06)

#31-Monta Ellis (surpasses Stoudamire in '06-07)

'06 Draft

#5-Brandon Roy

#33-Paul Milsap

'07 Draft

#3-Al Horford

#11-Acie Law

What I find interesting is how the Hawks won-loss record changes, as these players are drafted. Since Paul/Duhon are productive right away, our '06 Pick goes to Phoenix, and maybe not in position to draft Milsap. The Hawks probably make the playoffs in '06-07, and have a pick around #20. With Pick #11, they probably would take a swingman like Al Thornton, since they already would be well stocked at PG.

Our new line-up would look something like this:

C-Al Jefferson vs. Al Horford

PF-Josh Smith vs. Josh Smith

SF-Joe Johnson vs. Marvin Williams

SG-Monta Ellis vs. Joe Johnson

PG-Chris Paul vs. Acie Law

6th-Al Thornton vs. Josh Childress

So you have a somewhat smallish offensive oriented line-up, verses what we have now, in a long, athletic, and defensive oriented line-up. Both line-ups are built to run. I would eventually give the edge to Horford vs. Jefferson, Marvin vs. Ellis, and of course Paul gets the edge over Law.

Drafting Paul, would have made the Hawks miss out on Horford, who may be one of the most important Bigs to come along in the last three drafts. PGs get you to the playoffs, but you have to have a quality Big to go any further. Fate may have played the Hawks Fans the best hand, in that our present team may be the best possible team. If Roy would have been taken, there would also be no Horford.