My new Mock Draft

KB21

01. Cleveland Cavaliers

LEBRON JAMES SG 6-8 230 ST. VINCENT-ST. MARY'S

They tanked their season to get this guy, and he's already agreed to play for their summer league team.

02. Detroit Pistons

DARKO MILICIC C 7-0 253 HEMOFARM VRSAC

The European big man invasion is under way. Milicic will allow the Pistons to play Ben Wallace more as a power forward.

03. Denver Nuggets

CARMELO ANTHONY SF 6-7 230 SYRACUSE

Rumors of his stock dropping are baloney, IMO. He's easily the most ready to play of the top prospects and will probably contend for rookie of the year.

04. Toronto Raptors

CHRIS BOSH PF 6-11 225 GEORGIA TECH

The Raptors have a lot of question marks and a lack of talent overall. Bosh's upside makes him the logical pick here.

05. Miami Heat

T.J. FORD PG 5-11 165 TEXAS

Pat Riley has been looking for someone to run his offense ever since he ran off Tim Hardaway. Ford can't play any defense, but he can run an offense.

06. Los Angeles Clippers

PAVEL PODKOLZINE C 7-4 300 VARESE, ITALY

The Clippers have a scout that has been following Podkolzine around and has been emploring the Clippers to take him.

07. Chicago Bulls

MICKEAL PIETRUS SG 6-6 200 PAU-ORTHEZ

The Bulls may trade this pick for a veteran, but they have been paying close attention to Pietrus.

08. Milwaukee Bucks

KIRK HINRICH PG 6-3 190 KANSAS

Gary Payton will not resign with the Bucks, and they may actually follow through on a Sam Cassell deal this summer.

09. New York Knicks

CHRIS KAMAN C 7-0 265 CENTRAL MICHIGAN

This is a team that needs a lot more than the media lets on. This is an opportunity for them to get bigger.

10. Washington Wizards

LEANDRIHNO BARBOSA PG 6-3 190 BAURU TILIBRIA

The Wizards are a team with a bad mix of young talent and selfish veterans. They need a point guard desperately though.

11. Golden State Warriors

DWAYNE WADE SG 6-4 210 MARQUETTE

The Warriors would like to take a point guard to secure themselves in case Gilbert Arenas bolts, but Wade is simply too good at this point to pass on. Wade may eventually learn the point guard position as a pro.

12. Seattle Supersonics

MICHAEL SWEETNEY PF 6-8 265 GEORGETOWN

He's a virtual clone of Elton Brand. Maciej Lampe will be tempting here, but I think the Sonics will go for the player that can come in and play now.

13. Memphis Grizzlies

MACIEJ LAMPE PF 7-0 245 REAL MADRID

This is a guy I think Jerry West will fall in love with and draft based on potential alone. He may eventually grow into the center spot, which is the position Jerry would most like to fill.

14. Seattle Supersonics

REECE GAINES PG 6-6 200 LOUISVILLE

With two picks in the first round, the Sonics will get to fill their two biggest needs. Gaines is a slick shooting guard who can play both the point and shooting guard positions.

15. Orlando Magic

ZORAN PLANINIC PG 6-8 200 ?

A surprise pick. Planinic's size/skill set combination shoots up up the boards much like Jiri Welsh from last year.

16. Boston Celtics

ALEKSANDER PAVLOVIC SF 6-8 210 BUDUCNOST

The Celtics need a point guard and a big man, but they will settle for an extra scorer so they can releive some pressure from Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker.

17. Phoenix Suns

ZARKO CABARKAPA SF 6-11 225 BUDUCNOST

The Toni Kukoc clone has become a favorite of the Suns, who value his multi-skill talent on the perimeter.

18. New Orleans Hornets

JARVIS HAYES SF 6-7 220 GEORGIA

They need more depth, as they showed last season. Hayes can play either 2 or 3 and gives the Hornets a better option of the bench than what they have had.

19. Utah Jazz

BRIAN COOK PF 6-10 240 ILLINOIS

Cook is a very skilled big man who has yet to play up to his ability. It seems the Jazz have taken a likening to him.

20. Boston Celtics

LUKE RIDNOUR PG 6-2 175 OREGON

Questions about his ability to defend will drop him, but I don't think the Celtics will pass him up twice. He has Steve Nash type ability.

21. Atlanta Hawks

BORIS DIAW-RIFFIOD PG 6-9 210 PAU-ORTHEZ

I list him as a PG because that's probably the position he will move to in the NBA. He plays like a point guard. Diaw will bring much need athleticism, defense, and ball handling ability to the Hawks.

22. New Jersey Nets

SOFOKLIS SCHORTSIANITIS PF 6-10 314 IRAKILIS

Interesting pick. The team's lack of size inside is getting exposed versus the Spurs. Schortsianitis has been called the Greek Shaq.

23. Portland Trailblazers

VICTOR KHRYAPA SF 6-9 210 CSCK MOSCOW

This multi talented forward gets compared most to Andrei Kirilenko.

24. Los Angeles Lakers

MARCUS BANKS PG 6-2 200 UNLV

The Lakers finally get a guy that can put Derek Fisher on the bench. Banks is a poor man's Baron Davis.

25. Detroit Pistons

TRAVIS HANSEN SG 6-6 210 BRIGHAM YOUNG

Athletic guard who brings ball handling ability to the table.

26. Minnesota Timberwolves

MAURICE WILLIAMS PG 6-1 185 ALABAMA

27. Memphis Grizzlies

DAHNTAY JONES SG 6-6 210 DUKE

28. San Antonio Spurs

NDUDI EBI SF 6-9 200 HIGH SCHOOL

29. Dallas Mavericks

MALICK BADIANE PF 6-11 235 SENEGAL

Hi

i am a newcomer from Hong Kong

I haven't seen Nick Collison play,but I think from the scout reports he deserves to be drafted in first round

• Premium Member

Utah will be keeping Malone. NObody else has more than MCE to pay. They will be needing PG help. They take Boris. He will play with the rest of their YOUNG Squad and allow the old man to play one last time.

I think the Wizards take Wade. Right now, you can pencil in Huges as PG and with Wade as SG, they have a talented SG who can assist in handling the ball.

I think N.O. will take a PF. They will be losing PJ. I think if he's there they get Nick Collison.

No way Orlando takes a PG. Doc can get a decent PG from FA like he always have. They will take SOFOKLIS SCHORTSIANITIS so that they have somebody to bang.

The Hawks will be looking at Delfino or Krypha?