• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

players to invite to Summer League....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Richard Jeter. I don't know if he gets drafted or not. But he's 6'6 and he's a ball handler and he's explosive.

Jason Gardner. Great Leadership. Good Gaurd. Probably won't be drafted. Why not give him a shot.

Ezra Williams. I can see Ezra being available. He's a scorer plain and simple.

Cookie Belcher. This has always been one of my favorite guys. I think he spent some time overseas. I say we allow him the opportunity to play in our summer league.

I don't know who will go undrafted, so I won't make note of any college/high school players to invite. There are a few NBDL players I would like to see Atlanta look at.

1. Tang Hamilton - He's a long, lean small forward who's game has really developed well in the DL. Hamilton is a very good defender and rebounder.

2. Rod Grizzard - We looked at him last year. He's a long, angular guard who may still need some time to develop his jump shot. He brings defensive ability and ball handling to the table though.

3. Omar Cook - A point guard with eyes in the back of his head. His court vision is tremendous, and he can play defense. I don't think his shot is where it needs to be yet, and he still has a tendancy to make some errant passes.

4. Corey Benjamin - He had a taste of the Hawks during the season and showed flashes. He's very athletic, can defend, and has good shooting ability overall.

There are a couple of CBA players I'd like to see the Hawks get a good look at as well.

1. Andy Panko - Terrific shooter who can handle the ball and play either the shooting guard position or small forward position.

2. Fred House - We had him in camp last year, and I think he played in the CBA this season. He's a shooter who can score. Alex English is very famililar with him.

Then, I wouldn't mind seeing us give a look to Jermaine Jackson and Mikki Moore, who I believe we hold both of their rights till August. Udonis Haslem is a player we could bring in from overseas. Then, DerMarr Johnson will have to play in the summer league to show he has fully recovered. Dan Dickau will likely play as well.

KB21,

I like that list. I'd love to see Grizzard develop. He was a star for Bama, and I'd love to see him continue.

I'd like to definately know that DJ can play again... and I'd also like to know what the heck Dickau can do.

I like taking a shot and seeing if Benjamin has improved. He had more energy then a more expensive Newble, who people still seem to overvalue.

Play.

Also, Andy Panko is a guy who I feel can play in the NBA. He's got everything these European players bring to the table skills wise: he can handle the ball, shoot from the perimeter, has good quickness and lateral agility

in the past? I vaguely remember the guy and thought his play was unremarkable but he did barely play at all. C.B. deserves a shot to fill the Ira position b/c I don't see the team resigned Ira based on his money demands. I think your list is a good list but I hope we have three solid draft picks to add to the summer roster. I would also like to see last years 2nd rounder, Andersen, thrown into the summer league mix also.

Signing CB if we can't retain Ira at a resonable price is a very good move IMO. He knows the players to a degree and did quite well while here IMO. I'm really hoping that we luck out and get Josh Howard in the second...though I think anotehr team will pick him up in the first 7 second slots (I don't think he'll go in the first...the teams picking that late, except Memphis, would be better served picking a foreign guy and stashing him overseas for another year.

We don't know if we will get Orlando's 2nd round pick yet, to my knowledge.

Panko did play with the Hawks on a 10 day contract back in 2000, I believe. Maybe it was 2001. I'm not sure. It probably was 2001 since we had so many games lost to injury that year.

I hope Orlando doesn't give us that pick...it'll be completely wasted...we don't have the roster space to use the player, thus we'd really just be giving him some partial training and saying thanks for your time, hope some other team takes you. With two second round picks already, in addition to our first, and the liklihood that we'll have at the most 3 roster spots open...and then you start talking about resigning Ira/Glove/DJ (one will be retained, possibly two, no way three)...there's only really one or two spots open...aka, FA or second rounders.

Actually, I think it could be the opposite. Second round picks and even undrafted free agents may have a very good chance to make this team.

I don't think Dion Glover and Ira Newble will be resigned. If the Hawks give Jason Terry a contract extension, they will be over the luxury tax threshold. So, that doesn't leave a lot of room to sign other players. I think the most likely scenario is that Jason Terry signs the one year tender while the Hawks add a veteran or two with the MCE. It puts the Hawks over the cap, but they will have 8-9 roster spots filled. The last three could spots could very well be filled by a 2nd round pick, an undrafted rookie(s), and an NBDL player(s).

If Terry signs a long term extension, then I think that may be the only veteran move the Hawks make. They may try to get someone like Steve Smith to sign, but considering that they are a losing team and will be over the luxury tax threshold, I just don't see them making many moves.