• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why don't we get involved with NY/MIA?

jezmund

I'm hearing things like #5 to NY for Spree/#9. I'm assuming Brian Grant would probably be thrown in to make salaries work. Would it benefit us if that became a 3-way?

MIA gets: J.Terry/A.Henderson/C.Crawford (or Glover)

NY gets: B.Grant/#5

ATL gets: L.Sprewell/#9

MIA could build around JT/Jones/Butler

If necessary we could put in either a resigned Glover for Crawford or maybe Nazr/DG for Hendu. Or just throw in a 2nd, especially if we end up having 2. I put in Crawford just because he worked salary wise.

???/Dickau

Spree/???

Grob/???

SAR/???

Theo/Nazr

That's what we would have before trades along with the #9, #21, and #37. I would really push for a Grob for NVE than if nothing better a Grob for Stoudamire. I'm going to be optimistic and say we luckily got NVE somehow. At #9 I choose whomever is left between Lampe, Wade, and Pietrus. Out of those 3, it will more than likely be Pietrus. At #21 I'm going to say we luck out and Pavlovic falls. At #37 we should grab a big man. Between Badiane, Austin, and Amadi. I'll say we get Austin.

NVE/Dickau

Spree/Pavlovic

Pietrus/DerMarr

SAR/Austin

Theo/Nazr

I'd say at BU SF to resign DerMarr but we'd be pretty young or resign Newble but he might be asking too much. I'd rather give DerMarr a shot anyways. It would be great if we could pick up a veteran like a Kevin Willis to help out off the bench.

I know this is a lot of moves but I think our team needs a make-over. Hopefully Fratello or Carlisle comes hollering. I don't know too much about Dunleavey but I'm trusting you guys that he isn't the match for us so I'm also hoping that he goes to LA.

• Premium Member

Maybe we let their trade go through...

Spreewell/#9 for Grant/#5...

I think if that goes through, Miami would still be in a trading mode. Howabout....

Hendu/JT (SNT) to Miami...

Jones/Filler/#9 to Atlanta.

I can't imagine Miami keeping Spree, Butler, and Jones.

do recall taht Riles has been "working with" Butler all summer/ offseason on his ballhandling and pg abilities, hoping to move him to that position some this year. It sounds like a load of crap to me, but that's what they were talking about two months ago.

• Premium Member

If Butler becomes a PG from working with Riles over the summer, we need to not resign JT.

Honestly, I think something is up with us not offering a qualifying offer to JT yet.

That plus us not really bringing in any 1st round talent tells me that JT + #21 might be used in a trade? I don't know who yet... BUT??? What would it take to get Iverson? JT(SNT)/Nazr/#21?

I don't believe Stan nor Billy have the power to make a trade or make an offer at this point.

[censored]! They can't even give anyone an interview to coach the team.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks have given an international player a promise though. Someone like Boris Diaw-Riffiod or Carlos Delfino.

I'd much rather have a healthy Eddie Jones than a healthy Sprewell but I'd much rather have Sprewell's salary. I really don't think Jones is worth the 20+ more million that he will be getting over 2 more years compared to Spree. Believe me, I was considering your idea as well. I just think this would be a great move in more ways than one. We get a vet who can handle the ball adequately, slash, and hopefully if in good shape is known to play solid perimeter defense. We get a young player who will be cheap for 4 years whereas we have to decide how much to give JT right now when we aren't sure what he's worth. The last thing we need right now is some 7 yr. 60M deal added to our salary cap. I guess I'd like a JT and some assortment of Glover and Nazr to MIA for Jones/#5 as long as Jones has a few solid years left. If Miami were to give up Jones/#5 they'd want some youth in return so I figure Glover and Nazr in some aspect. They might have to throw in a filler like a resigned Travis Best to a reasonable amount. So.....

JT(resigned)/DG(resigned)/Nazr for Jones/Best(resigned)/#5

For now we'd have.....

Best/Dickau

Jones/???

Grob/???

SAR/Hendu

Ratliff/???

IL:Chris Crawford

We'd have #5,#21,#37 along with Grob and SAR in possible trades. If we can surround TJ Ford with size and solid scorers than I wouldn't mind picking him up but I don't know if we want Ford/Best/Dickau at PG. That's as small as you get right there. I wouldn't definitely give Lampe a look. If he's everything the profiles says he is than he should probably be our pick. It sounds pretty certain that Bosh is a lock at #4.

Best/Dickau

Jones/???

Robinson/???

SAR/Hendu

Theo/???

Now that team isn't too young where 3 rookies would be really that bad. So either Ford or Lampe at #5. I think if we were to keep Glenn Robinson, Ford would be a good pickup. Having Ford and Jones in the backcourt wouldn't force Grob to handle the ball. I would look at Diaw and Howard at #21 and #37. Or with the BU C position open maybe take a shot at that 7'6" guy Slavko Vranes. Why not? We could just resign DerMarr or Newble at BU SF I guess.

Ford/Best/Dickau

Jones/Diaw

Robinson/Newble?

SAR/Hendu

Ratliff/Vranes

Our starting unit TJ/EJ/Dog/SAR/Theo would probably more of a half-court team. But TJ with our reserves would be a very uptempo setup. Ford/Jones/Diaw/Newble/SAR/Theo can all run the floor pretty well at least from what I hear on Diaw.