• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight has woken up--Now it's Marvin's turn

BHayley

Our GM made a great trade we've needed for God Knows When. He woke up from his hibernation since June 27 and did something to make us better.

Now Marvin needs to wake up from this horrid stretch and start performing. Rumor is that he has some injury, but he should be healed.

So I wanna see less of this Basketball-goes-flying-every-time-he-drives sh!t, and more dunking and jumpshot execution. Our starting lineup has the potential to score well over 70 PPG, and Marvin needs to stop shooting 3-16 in crucial games, especially as the season winds down and we're in the thick of the playoff race.

Quote:

Our GM made a great trade we've needed for God Knows When. He woke up from his hibernation since June 27 and did something to make us better.

Now Marvin needs to wake up from this horrid stretch and start performing. Rumor is that he has some injury, but he should be healed.

So I wanna see less of this Basketball-goes-flying-every-time-he-drives sh!t, and more dunking and jumpshot execution. Our starting lineup has the potential to score well over 70 PPG, and Marvin needs to stop shooting 3-16 in crucial games, especially as the season winds down and we're in the thick of the playoff race.

...a new Pg is the second best option. I'm curious how our players respectively respond.

W

Quote:

Hayley, What did I tell ya about my boy Billy Knight? It's Woody that has to go! Great deal!

Marvin Williams is who is. I like the kid but he has absolutely no explosiveness, is not a good on-ball defender and does not block shots. He's not strong or big enough to create space in the paint and cant elevate to finish over people either. He likes to pat the ball on the perimeter but lacks the quickness to go by anybody. His handle, while much improved, is still a liability and he has a knack for losing the ball in key situations late in games.

He has a pretty smooth mid-range jump shot, but is not a good 3 point shooter (one area I expect him to improve upon with that fluid stroke he has, but that will be done in the offseason).

His shot will continue to get better, and he has decent hands. That, combined with his size, will make him a solid pro for years to come. He may one day blossom into a legitimate 3rd option, but I don't see him ever doing more than that.

There are questions about his temperament, too. He is definitely more cerebral (or passive, to use a stronger word), but it's still early to pigeonhole him as a guy who doesn't perform when it matters.

All in all, he just has some major limiting factors (esp. his athletic ability, I was expecting much lighter feet, a quicker and better bounce on him than what he's got when we drafted him) on his potential as anything more than a poor man's Al Harrington.

I hope I'm wrong.