• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now, time for your "Woody, WTF?" moment of the day

thesheedera

Quote:

Quote:

Do you remember Phil Jackson saying, "I don't want to screw up Pau's game. Whatever he says goes on offense."

Or remember Avery in Dallas saying, "I don't want to screw up our offense now that Kidd is here. He will have the freedom to run this offense his way."

At best he is giving the perception that he is clueless. The comment about screwing up Bibby is the strangest part to me.

So Phil Jackson CAN say it about Gasol. Avery Johnson CAN say it about Kidd but Woody CAN'T say it about Bibby? How does that make any sense ?

Are Phil Jackson & Avery Johnson saying they are clueless too by stepping aside and not being a dictator to their new star or close to star players ? It's not like there is a 6 week training camp to teach all the plays. You got games to play now so conventonal wisdom says to go with what you know.

How could you still be missing the point here? How is that possible? Are youjust arguing for the ake of arguing, or do you really not understand why we think this quote is embarrassing for a head coach to make?

How coud I miss the point.

All your saying is Woody is clueless based on the quote he made. Then you put your foot in your mouth by saying how 2 former of coaches of the year said basically the same thing about their new trade aquisitions. So you are essentially saying Phil Jackson and Avery Johnson are foolish as well.

Why I asked you if you understood what you typed ? I don't know......I guess I was just shocked at what I was reading and it seemed to be counter productive to your point. Normally people don't follow their point by trying to tear their own point down in the same post.

Woody may be foolish but some of the points made against him are even MORE foolish.

Quote:

How coud I miss the point.

All your saying is Woody is clueless based on the quote he made. Then you put your foot in your mouth by saying how 2 former of coaches of the year said basically the same thing about their new trade aquisitions. So you are essentially saying Phil Jackson and Avery Johnson are foolish as well.

Why I asked you if you understood what you typed ? I don't know......I guess I was just shocked at what I was reading and it seemed to be counter productive to your point. Normally people don't follow their point by trying to tear their own point down in the same post.

Woody may be foolish but some of the points made against him are even MORE foolish.

Talk about putting your foot in your mouth. Do you even know which poster you're responding to when you let it rip?

Quote:

Sorry man. Now I see some else poted that. My bad.

The truth is that

Avery Johnson really said that about Kidd so I thought the guy was being serious when he thought he was being sarcastic about Kidd and Avery Johnson.

I can see how you would have read it that way.

Whatever, I think we all agree that Woody's not a great coach and that our offense is better off without him getting involved at all.

I think some are missing a great point here,

Avery and Jackson had immensly more success than Woody before their big traded player got there.

If they made those comments it just to get their big acquisitions more acclimated to the new surroundings and then they can together work on a game plan when it allows.