• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Missed the game...PT?

thesheedera

I didn't get to watch the game. I see the boxscore and notice a few things that alarmed me:

Horford went to bed well rested with 3 fouls to give after 18 minutes played. He only shot 40% but that's better than the collective ofer from Zaza and Solomon.

Marvin also went to bed well rested only playing 28 minutes, and took 2 fouls to give with him. According to the boxscore (I know how flawed that can be) he was having a solid night nearing a double double and shooting 50%.

Childress only got 22 minutes.

Acie didn't see the floor, wasn't he supposed to be ready last weekend?

Meanwhile, JJ logged 46 FREAKING MINUTES!!!! Smith played 41 (well, his body can probably handle it), and Bibby's crippled ass got 35.

Other than the obvious "Woody sucks", what gives?

I also missed the game but noticed the exact same things in the boxscore last night. I started looking around HS for some answers.

To the one concern with Horf, apparently he picked up 2 quick fouls early in the 1st and then DID NOT PLAY AT ALL in the second quarter (Woody's patented 'well let's just save him for the postgame interviews technique'), and then only sparingly in the 2nd half.

I don't know what's up with Law IV, I can only assume that something is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, that he either (a) is not physically ready to play or he (b) is somehow in Woody's doghouse again.

Did note that Salim played well and Bibby at least played well offensively and only had one TO. Sure he was his same matador defending self, though. Judging from the point total, so was the rest of the team. Again. (sigh)

Quote:

Other than the obvious "Woody sucks", what gives?

That's pretty much it.

Woody decided to play Solomon in the first half rather than play Horford with 2 fouls. The results were predictable. Solomon against Howard? W T F

Salim actually got hot in the first half. The Hawks went on a run when Bibby went out and Salim came in. Salim hit 3s on back to back possessions, and got pulled.

marvin was actually hitting his jumpers but missed some easy ones inside. Childress just sucked.