Diesel's take on the draft...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I've been sitting back. Busy... But I have some thoughts on the draft as it pertains to the Hawks.

Well, without knowing what will happen with JT or who we will trade if Anyone... I will say that I was not impressed with what the way that the media people talked about Diaw? Non Shooter, unagressive, etc.

Aside from what they had to say, I think that all of you guys talking on the board are just using Second hand information because NOBODY on the board has seen him play so none of you can even make a ya or nay call on weather or not he's good.

That said, the only person we can really trust is Billy Knight.

Do you trust Him?

I do.

He traded Reef in his prime for Pau Gasol. I don't trust him because he traded Reef... I trust him because he had an eye to see that Gasol was very good. So, he watched Diaw three times in person and countless times on film. He has 9 scouts on the case. I think that we can put some trust that Diaw will be what we need.

NOW, if we don't make any trades, I think this:

Big Dog becomes more needed. For those of you who have thoughts of trading Big Dog for Brandon or some silly trade like that..> Forget it. Our need for a scorer just increased. If Diaw is a guy we can groom to be a set up guy... like Pippen... then Big Dog our scorers are what we will build on.

Finally, about the state of the Hawks.

I'm in agreement with Bradley on this.

We are in a state of Emergency because of this Purchase. We really can't do anything. We are in limbo until somebody buys us. That means we have NO Coach... And Stotts have been interviewed. That means we lack a GM but Knight is handling the job from day to day. And that means that everything out of Kasten's mouth is just to try to buy some grace and time. The fact is that even if McDavid takes over it will be a hard sell to season ticket holders because trades are not so immenent. IF McDavid doesn't take over, we can forget Season ticket holders all together.