• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our Flagship Stinks!

Johnnybravo4

I know this has been addressed ad nauseum but the Hawks coverage on 790 sux. We just won a big controversial OT game...we are 4 games up on 8th place and 3 games back of 5th in the East and on 790 they are talking about Matt Leinart of the Arizona Cardinals and the freaking Braves that haven't played 5 games yet.

Who gives a crap about Leinart? He has no ties to Atlanta. This is just insane.

Quote:

I know this has been addressed ad nauseum but the Hawks coverage on 790 sux. We just won a big controversial OT game...we are 4 games up on 8th place and 3 games back of 5th in the East and on 790 they are talking about Matt Leinart of the Arizona Cardinals and the freaking Braves that haven't played 5 games yet.

Who gives a crap about Leinart? He has no ties to Atlanta. This is just insane.

Leave it to Bravo to come up with a thread with "Stinks" or "Sucks" in the title smile.gif

You just can't be happy for one day, can you Johnny? 790 Needs to fill up an entire day with sports talk. They WERE talking about the Hawks while I was driving to work this morning at around 8:45-9:00. Just because they weren't talking about the Hawks when you were listening doesn't mean they didn't talk about them. However, I do agree that the Hawks get very little chatter on AM radio compared to the Braves and Falcons. But that is because the listeners dont call in and talk up the Hawks. Why dont you call them instead of bitching to us?

I agree Bravo. Believe it or not, usually Hawks talk generates a bunch of calls, albeit negative. Some callers have called Brandon and Wolverton and brought up the Hawks. Given the controversial call from last night, they should have a more prominent role on the show, especially considering they are trying to make the playoffs for the first time in years.

Not to mention that many listeners can't get the 790 signal at night when the Hawks play. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but it really irks me.