• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did anyone watch Frank Shamrock vs Cung Le?

Admin

I really love watching Frank Shamrock fight because he really makes it entertaining and in this fight he said he would stand toe to toe with his old sparing partner Cung Le who specializes in fighting on his feet and man they had an amazing fight. I haven't been able to find a video of it so I hope some of you watched it. In case you didn't they beat each other up pretty good but Cung definitely got the better of it since Frank refused to try and take him to the ground and Frank ended up having to submit after the 2nd or 3rd round. For anyone that hasn't seen Cung Le fight he is big time impressive so keep an eye on him.

I saw the fight and I am happy to see either Shamrock get beat. easily my least favorite MMA fighters. Going back to Frank vs Renzo Gracie I think that frank is a punk. If you havent seen that fight look it up on youtube, maybe its there. He was DQ'd for illegal knee to bacjk of the head. He said he didnt realuize whathe did but if you look closely his arm was around his neck and he moved his arm tpo allow the kneed tpo connect. Where does he think he was connecting? Maybe I'm wrong but it looked too fishy to me. I say lets see the brothers fight and hopefully make each other retire for good.

Also, kudos to dana white and the ufcfor the change in the TUF show making the fighters actually fight to make the show. No more wanna be fighters. I do feel bad for the 1 guy who had to cut 17 pds in 24-48 hrs to make weight. No way he was in shape to fight after that and it showed. Other than that I think it was a great idea.

Yeah I remember the Renzo fight and there is no doubt that Shamrock knew what he was doing and luckily Renzo didn't get hurt badly by it.

Did you see the fight between Shamrock and Frank Baroni? Baroni was talking all kinds of trash (well both of them were) and he got knocked the f*ck out by Shamrock who did his famous "I'm going to put you to sleep" motion with his hands after he rocked Baroni a few times. Shamrock tried that against Cung Le and it didn't work out so well for him there.

I like Shamrock because he is so entertaining but Cung Le is definitely becoming my favorite fighter. I don't see anyone in his weight class that is going to beat him, although nobody has taken him to the ground yet and if someone does get him down he might not be able to get out of it. I would like to see he and Shamrock fight again but this time I would like to see Shamrock actually fight his own style and not try to stand up with Le.

I'm not sure who elite xtreme has at 185 but I would bet my life that Henderson and Silva would eat him alive. Unfortunately we will prolly never find out. I wish the different promos would get together in december and each put forth 1 fighter in each weight class to see who's the best. The Super Bowl of MMA. Imagine the $$$$$ that kind of show would bring in. Never happen though, at least with UFC. I think other promos are much more willing to do this than UFC. Speaking of. It is rumored that Mark Cuban is trying to put together Fedor vs. Couture. HUGE. Hope it happens.

Yeah no sh*t right! I have to think that at some point they will either get together or people will start leaving the UFC once their contracts are up.

At 185 EliteXC/StrikeForce has Robbie Lawler, Frank Shamrock, Joey Villasenor, Renzo Gracie, Phil Baroni, and of course Cung Le. I might be missing someone but those are the best from EliteXC.

Silva vs Cung Le would be a hell of a fight.

Fedor vs Couture would definitely be worth watching. I hate paying for PPV fights but I would definitely pay for that one.