Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawkmoor Analysis on Kyrie Irving


Recommended Posts

These players are certainly impressed by Kyrie Irving.  Sounds like they believe that he can win the championship all by himself.

😝

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

So to get Luka to the championship they just added a player very much like, and even better most would say, than Trae Young.   Can you imagine if we added a player anywhere close to Luka to the Hawks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

These players are certainly impressed by Kyrie Irving.  Sounds like they believe that he can win the championship all by himself.

😝

In all seriousness, this was done before Dallas took off this season.  The players are neutral when talking off script (away from the media) and tell it like how they feel it really is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

So to get Luka to the championship they just added a player very much like, and even better most would say, than Trae Young.   Can you imagine if we added a player anywhere close to Luka to the Hawks. 

Trae and Murray was suppose to work.  The problem is Trae's game is not conducive to having another play maker and he doesn't move without the ball.  Dallas's offense is more efficient because Luka and Irving can share the ball and the ball keeps moving regardless of who has it in his hands in any given moment.  They also move without the ball.  I've always said Trae makes his game and the entire offense too hard by not wanting to play without the ball in his hands. Trae's game is more conducive to high pick and rolls and not ball movement.  Thats the foundation of his game. Thats just on the offensive side.  On defense they are not as much of a liability as Young and Murray.  Though neither are known as defenders they will hustle on defense and its not as much of a size liability as Young and Murray because of the height of Luka.

This is from last season BEFORE Luka and Kyrie learned how to play together like they do now:

“The ball is moving,” Mavs coach Jason Kidd said. “When people have said that Luka and Kai need the ball, they also know how to use their teammates. And their teammates are delivering right now.”

Doncic, who leads the NBA in time of possession by a substantial margin, is still adjusting to playing alongside a superstar like Irving. In the beginning stage, there has already been plenty of situations where Doncic has received easier looks by playing off-ball within the flow of the offense. 

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/mavs-film-study-luka-doncic-job-easier-kyrie-irving-jason-kidd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
16 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

The problem is Trae's game is not conducive to having another play maker and he doesn't move without the ball.  Dallas's offense is more efficient because Luka and Irving can share the ball and the ball keeps moving regardless of who has it in his hands in any given moment. 

I don't believe this at all.  Dallas added a great guard to a great forward.   We just added the same player as Trae.   Look how well Jalen and Trae work together.   Get a 3 guard who is an actual real scorer with the ball in his hands and we'll be fine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Lebron saying Irving most gifted NBA player ever.  I used to get clowned regularly for saying I want Irving on the Hawks.   Those posters have since gone ghost, lmao

Edited by Hawkmoor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Lebron saying Irving most gifted NBA player ever.  I used to get clowned regularly for saying I want Irving on the Hawks.   Those posters have since gone ghost, lmao

You're right about Kyrie for sure although i still think he and Trae doesn't work.  Works great with Luka because Luka can guard bigger players.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

You're right about Kyrie for sure although i still think he and Trae doesn't work.  Works great with Luka because Luka can guard bigger players.  

Trae fits with a team that needs only him to be the primary scorer and they can surround him with defenders.  It also has to be a pick and roll team.  He fits with Los Angeles for that reason if they get a couple of defenders to help Davis. They NEED a primary scorer other than Lebron, Davis or Reaves.  You substitute Lebron with Trae (let Trae bring the ball up) and let Trae and Davis run the pick and roll with Lebron on the wing waiting to cut the basket as a secondary read or stay on the wing to receive a kick out pass.  Its not working with the Hawks.  The Hawks are more efficient in a ball movement offense.

 

 

Edited by Hawkmoor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
22 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Lebron saying Irving most gifted NBA player ever. 

Did he say that when Kyrie wanted out from Cavs? Or just hindsighting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did he say that when Kyrie wanted out from Cavs? Or just hindsighting.

I don't remember the particulars of how and why Kyrie left Cleveland with a ring and don't care. I don't know if you are asking a question about Lebron's character or line of reasoning or being sarcastic. I think the nuanced inference is you are asking if Lebron is thinking Kyrie was less of a player because he wanted out from the Cavs and is now frontrunning now that Kyrie is in the league finals.

The question I'm gonna ask would be directed to Lebron.  I would ask Lebron this: Would Trae be less of a player if he wanted out from the Hawks?  How does where someone want to play factor into their skillset? Lebron needed help everywhere he went.  Lebron would be the King of "less skillset".  He played for the Cavs TWICE, the Heat and the Lakers.  Somehow this line of thinking carried over to Durant.  He is "less of a player" because he went to Golden State?  Murray is less of a player because he wanted out of San Antonio?  This can go on and go with examples.

Edited by Hawkmoor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...