Grob Talks..

Diesel

• Premium Member

You see it's not just me...

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=152258

In reply to:

In a nutshell, here are my quick thoughts:

1. Glenn was not a locker room cancer.

Glenn was well liked and was very accessible to we, the media. His teammates thought the world of him as a teammate and as a player.

2. Chemistry

Whatever it was, be it a bad offensive system under Kruger, too much dribbling for Dog, or a lack of ballhandlers on the floor, the ball was simply turned over too much with Glenn out there.

He never seemed to click with the other guys on the court, and the results beared that out.

3. He is not a lost cause....yet.

Should Stotts stay around and Diaw gives the Hawks some much needed ball handling, Dog may still be a very effective option for the Hawks.

But, if those things are in place, and he still looks like he doesn't fit, there are no more excuses or explanations.

4. Work habits

The only practices he missed were when he missed games due to injury, and he was out there busting his butt when he was healthy. There were absolutely no problems there.

Call it what you want...

Grob is not what you guys make him out to be. I would think that Grob was Rider if I really believed what you guys say on the regular. The truth is that our team:

1. Many Flaws.

2. The need for a real PG.

3. Good Coaching.

I am really hoping for Fratello on that last 1.

However, it doesn't look like we have addressed a PG.

I mean, Diaw is just a ROOKIE. I'm not holding my breath.

Secondly, if JT is asking for 7 years 65 million, I say it's time to SNT him for something we need.

Put him with CC and see what we can get.

We can effectively sign him for 8 and maybe send him and CC for a PG and another role player from another team or maybe 3 players.

An Example:

JT/CC to Memphis for Battier/Swift/BK....

I'd do it.

JT/CC to Chicago for Crawford/Fizer/Marshall.

I'd do it.

JT/CC to Indy for Harrington/Mercer/Tinsley.

I'd do it.