• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blurb from the Boston Herald

KB21

Now that the sale of the Hawks has been finalized, the hiring of a head coach won't be far behind. And depending on who gets the job, don't be surprised if Dominique Wilkins takes a turn next season as a regular assistant coach after working last year as a special assistant to the head of basketball development.

``Absolutely,'' said Wilkins, a single-season Celtic. ``People all across the league know that I want to get into coaching. Everyone in our organization knows my aspirations. This is something that's really a desire of mine.''

First things first. This is another source that is stating that the sale has been finalized, yet the AJC has printed nothing on it yet.

Secondly, I think Dominique will be a full time assistant for the Hawks next season, but what if he's an assistant for his favorite coach, Mike Fratello? It would be great to see 'nique learn the trade from the best coach this franchise has ever had.

I've said things about Nique...But either way he is

probably the best player we've ever had...He deserves

a position with a team..Ass coach is fine by me...

Just not head coach.

Why hasn't there been anything on ESPN saying that the deal is done. We need this mess to be done with ASAP! I want to get up in the morning with the headlines saying there will be a news conference for the new owner of the Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta THrashers David McDavid.