• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Ownership Issues Trump City's Goodwill?

khaos7

No matter how many of us would like to see Woody and Billy shown the exit, I don't see it happening. Given how the ownership group is splintered, I don't see a new coach or GM coming in, amidst litigation. Given how the Spirit handled the Thrashers last year, I can see a scenerio where Billy is retained and Woodson is offered a two year deal. Whether Woody accepts remains to be seen. If Woody declines, I can see them offering the job to a glorified assistant. Given the fact that we aren't even mentioned in the same breath as Avery Johnson, Mike D'Antoni, and Rick Carlise gives me pause. I don't believe 144 minutes should make fans forget the coaching and drafting gaffes of this tandem.

Having said that, I believe that this thing with Belkin has the Hawks' hands tied. To my understanding, coaching and front office decisions require a 100% consensus. Regardless of what when on, on-court, Belkin is on a relentless pursuit to stick it to the Spirit. Like the goodwill the Thrashers acquired from the fans on last year, I believe the Hawks ownership group will lose it due to the problems with ownership.