• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some thoughts for the offseason? My thoughts...

DawsonsCreek

I think we should trade into the late lottery or middle of the draft. I don't want to hear this we didn't have a healthy Bibby all year. Trotting out this same team is going to be a waste of time especially if teams like Chicago, Indiana get their sh*t together. Beleive me Miami is a D. Rose or a Beasley away from being right where we ended up this past year (last playoff spot).

I dont know what the hawks money situation is, but we hear that they dont have much of it. While we hear the owners will spend if they have to, they wont ever come out publicly and say they just dont have the money to spend. Moving on....

Where do you go for talent?....Do you go through free agency/existing nba players or try to trade into the draft. If it was up to Joe Johnson I dont think he would mind players like Marcus Camby or Ron Artest in Atlanta. Artest you could sign straight up (albeit for money that atl might not have) or trade Marvin out west with Speedys contract for Camby. I think Camby would be nice but I also wish he was 30. Hes getting up there so I dont know how much he has left.

If their are 2 players in college that I would take a shot at later lottery/middle of the first round its Roy Hibbert and Brandon Rush. Beleive me I hate going to the well too much in the draft but I think these 2 guys can step in and log quality minutes.

Hibbert can split time with Zaza at the 5 and let Al slip down to the 4. Hes an intelligent big body who can put the ball in the hole, is not a liablity at the FT line and can rebound and block shots. Can't count how many times we got BEASTED down low this year. I know hes played limited minutes with the Hoyas and his rebound numbers arent all THAT but the Hoyas system didnt allow him to board as many basketballs as he would in the NBA.

Rush is nba ready. Hes listed at about 6'6 but hes got that freakish wingspan like prince does in det. He does most things well. I mean hes not a supererior ball handler but, the man is the shooter (with size) we have been looking for to come off the bench. I know Joe would appreciate having someone like him and I think he would be awesome to pair with Childress off the bench.

There are so many scenarios to where our players can be traded both straight up and through sign and trade. I just think adding players like Hibbert and Rush (through the draft) would be key for us.

Quote:

I just think adding players like Hibbert and Rush (through the draft) would be key for us.

The problem with that though is that we don't have any draft picks this season, so in order to get into the lottery we'd probably have to trade a fairly valuable player and/or give up future picks, neither of which I'd really care to do. Do we really need to get any younger, and have *more* players we need to develop (especially given Woody's track record of doing so)? I don't think so. We are more than young enough as is, and if anything I'd like to see us acquire some veteran talent to flesh out this team and especially its bench.

David Andersen might/could hopefully help out with that, and beyond that I have no idea what we might be able to do because I am absolutely clueless as far as our cap situation goes and how much money we might have available, assuming we re-sign both the Joshes.

Don't like Hibbert or Rush. Hibbert is big but not the defensive presence he should be and often dissapeared in games. Rush is a red flag because his coach had to get him to be more aggressive at the college level where he should have dominated more. He reminds me of Marvin Williams and we don't need another player who the coaches and fans are begging to become more aggressive in games. Now Camby I agree with.