• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stein Reports Lindsey is out

hussamga

He did make some good trades in Orlando and did a nice job of blowing up the lineup and rebuilding post-Shaq. The problem is his draft picks were pretty terrible for the most part... there's another thread on Gabriel so I won't delve into that here, but I don't think it bodes well for a GM whose pedigree is as a scout to strike out on the vast majority of his draft picks.

Still, he is very experienced and likely well-connected, plus his track record clearly shows an ability to make moves and creatively maneuver picks & pieces to build a team. I would consider it a solid hire and hopefully his scouting staff will be better than it was in Orlando...

Reece Gaines is the only one I know of that could be considered a strike out. Matt Harpring was a great pick for John Gabriel considering where he got him. I know that I was hoping he would fall to the Hawks in that draft. Instead, Atlanta got Roshown McLeod. Now, that is striking out on a pick. He also drafted Michael Doleac, and while some may want to say he struck out on that pick, Doleac is still in the league 10 years later. Keyon Dooling was a solid draft pick. Steven Hunter was a solid pick. Jeryl Sasser didn't pan out.