• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now that is Official

JTFan31

Ok now that is a done deal, and expect us to sign JT........how do you see the starting lineup on opening day, just with the team we have now, not adding anyone else.

JT - Point Guard

- 2 Guard

- Small Forward

Reef - power forward

Theo - Center

Now we know Diaw we will probably starting but where because he has the size to play the 3 as well and plays great defense. Who will be our starting 2 or 3, our lonesome open spot. Do you bring back Dion? I think we should.

Do you honestly think Diaw won't start at SF? We're in rebuilding mode, for better or worse. JT, ?FA?, BD, SAR, Theo...not a bad young starting lineup...

At least the hawks finally are acting like they are rebuilding. Regardless of the myriad and endless (and pointless at this point) arguments about Robinson's pluses and minuses, I think that hopefully everyone can agree that he looked like a broken down 40 year old when he was chugging up and down the court.

The guy was old before his time. Whether it was genetics or just too much of a party lifestyle he isn't a good guy for a younger team to have around.

I'm encouraged by reports of Diaw's and Hansen's defense and athleticism. I'm happy that Robinson is gone. I'm estatic that we have cap relief. We get a cheap throw in camp body and a later first round pick too?

Sh&t I think that we made out well and I like Knight.

Now if we hire Carlisle and keep Knight I like the Hawks in the playoffs.

Im still not sure about Glove. Im a GT fan and he was awesome in college, but just never got his hops back after he tore his knee apart. He's not a good NBA starter. We can make do with him, but hopefully we can get better 2 or 3 (Diaw will play either)

I think that Dion is a great option for us to have at SG now that we have a ball handling SF. Dion was misused as a SF for us but proved last year when he finally get enough playing time at SG that he can be pretty good. He averaged what, 14 ppg and 5 rpg or something? His 3 pt stroke has definitely improved since coming into the league as well. He definitely doesnt have the hops that he used to have, but his all around game is much better and if he can EVER learn how to play defense he will have a long career in the NBA.

I think that it would be awesome to get both Glover and DJ back. DJ resembles Diaw's frame and I believe the could be used equally.

JT/DD

Glover/Hansen

Diaw/DJ/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

Our bench finally resembles our starters. Quickness in the backcourt and some-what power in the front.

SAR will should now score around 25 ppg.

With Diaw starting, there's less pressure on JT, so I see him (JT) getting around 20 ppg and 5+ apg (I also believe that this will help him defensively).

Glover was doing guite well at the end of the season; he should contribute around 15+ ppg.

I see Diaw getting around 8+ ppg, but what he is here for is the court vision and such. I'm thinking his stat line will look something like this: 8ppg / 5rpg / 7apg / 1spg / 3to (this being his rookie year and all). What we will really appreciate is his splitting time with JT bringing the ball up the floor.

Hopefully with those four starting, it will help Theo out so he doesn't have to worry so much about who's so easily coming into the paint.

On another not, what if DJ does come back fully. What about a starting lineup like: JT / Diaw / DJ / SAR / Theo

He had the potential to be a tremendous power guard. I thought he could be a JR Rider type without the baggage. Then, he blew his knee out. He lost a lot of his hops after that injury and didn't seem to be as fast as he once was, but he still was a pretty good open floor player.

I think Dion is better as a starter than as a reserve, if that makes sense. It seems that when Dion starts, he focuses more and plays harder when he knows he is getting minutes. When he comes off the bench, he doesn't seem to exert himself as much.

I think there is a chance that the Hawks may get him back, especially seeing as no one else seems interested in him at this time. He was really playing well at the end of the season.

Honestly, there is a part of me that would like to see the Hawks resign Dion and then sign Jumaine Jones. They are two young players who still have a chance to develop into solid role players.

therin lies the problem. He plays better when starting...but his game is better suited to be instant offense off the bench (on most teams). He plays somewhat out of control at times, forces things at times, doesn't play in the system at times...things that work great when either a) you're a superstar like TMac (then you learn to do thoe things) or b) you're coming off the bench and playing with less skilled players...

it's too bad he couldn't be that guy for us more. Look at what Jackson was able to do in San Anton this year...