• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Oh jeez I guess I was right, Dog does have some

Admin

value huh? Minimum of 5 or 6 teams in the league trying to get Brandon while offloading a big contract and Atlanta wins out on that plus they get a 1st round pick that MANY of you laughed at me yesterday for demanding in this deal. I really wanted 1 pick from 2 separate teams but I will deal with 1 top 15 protected pick plus this Holcombe kid. Of course right now the early word is that its top 15 protected but that could change as these sometimes do.

Just want to say that it feels good that the NBA agrees with that Dog does have SOME value.

I am not looking for a congratulations........I am just proving to KB and some of the others (were you one of them?) that yesterday swore up and down that Dog has "NO VALUE AROUND THE LEAGUE". Just goes to show how homer and anti-homer most Atlanta Hawks fans are.

Before you try and call me out.......why dont you read my very first post in this thread. I said that

"I really wanted 1 pick from 2 separate teams but I will deal with 1 top 15 protected pick plus this Holcombe kid."

Did you just skip reading that to try and call me out? I never said that I didnt want 2 picks, [censored] right I did. What I am trying to prove is that so many of you people came back and said Big Dog has NO VALUE around the league. Well I guess he [censored] sure proved that he did, right? He got us a 1st round pick and 12 mil in caproom plus a decent young player. That sure is a [censored] of a lot better than just the caproom that I was so pissed about only getting yesterday. Really you should read what people write fully before you rush off to try and call them out.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Even if by some miracle we do get a draft pick out of this, all 3 of the other teams are likely going to the playoffs so a draft pick wont mean jack. This sucks so much.

In reply to:

If Atlanta isnt getting 2 first round picks out of this deal I am going to be pissed.

Spin that, DJ.

Are you not capable of reading? I said in the very first post in this thread that I WANTED 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS. How else can I write it so that you will be able to understand? Yes I am pissed that the Hawks didnt get 2 first round picks, but they did get one and a guy who could turn out to be a good player. Jeez I dont know how I can write it any differently so you can understand......

Yes I do feel that way.......but there are many levels of disappointment and adding draft picks to this deal just lowers the level of disappointment to me. The only way I would have been truly happy with this deal would have been to get a young up and coming player with some potential or a guaranteed lotto pick or two. As it stands now we got 1 pick that is lotto protected until eternity just about and a decent young player who may be able to make the roster and the cap space from Brandon (assuming he officially retires). So yes, even though we did get a draft pick that isnt likely to help us turn this thing around unless we use it in a trade I am still pissed about this deal. Its just so hard to swallow the fact that we didnt pick up anyone that can help this team win this year now, which we desperately need.......but if its possible that we can use the caproom generated this year to sign a good FA like Odom or Jackson to a lesser degree then I can live with that and not be pissed about it.

Dolfan,

Personally, I think there was little one could do this year to cause us to win. The FAs knew where they wanted to go and the others were retained by their individual teams.

We had little value to trade, save Reef.

I know you believe that Big Load had some value, but in truth his contract and his diminished skill kept people away. The past year with the Hawks really showed how little he can do, and with his contract people were scared. Even articles point that out. We didn't think we could move him at all. We were stupid to have given up so much for him in the first place, but that was our fault. It is like buying a car that is a lemon. What can you do, other than trade it in and get a new one... you have to eat the loss.

As for the pick, it is perfect... just far enough in the future that the team could be in the dumper... we could be on the rise... what a perfect time to get another draft pick.

We all know that keeping Dog wasn't an option unless we lost Terry. The problem wasn't that Terry is a stud so much that who do we replace him with? Glenn is replacable. He isn't that special... his holes made sure of that. So, we had the choice... lose the replaceable SF or the PG with giant holes... we did the only thing we could do... personally I would let Terry walk too.

But, we won't. We'll sign him, because we don't have a replacement lined up.

Play.